ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Hero's supply outdoors. They sell used and new boots. Need to get them 1 to 2 sizes smaller than your regular shoe size.

Going to get a better look at this but I'm surprised they actually wnt with the screen accurate method for holding the backpack. The issues I see are with the chest piece. Need a straight on picture of the recessed box.

Thanks for the tip on the boots! I'll check them out. I'll try to get a better picture for you of the recessed area. As our resident snowtrooper expert, I'd love to hear your opinion on the accuracy.

Doing a quick comparison to pictures of the original chest piece, I can see a couple of the greeblies in the recessed box are positioned incorrectly. I think the center flat area might be narrower than the original too, but not sure. Neither are a big deal for me however. Would never have noticed if I weren't actively looking for differences. However, I'm curious of the differences in any case.

Cool to hear this is the same strapping method as the original. It works really well too and quite sturdy when attached together.

Hi fellas. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm interested in placing a pre-order for the upgraded OT Stormtrooper helmet, as it's within my viable price range. The wait times/delivery date is not much of an issue for me but I was wondering about the consistency/quality of Anovos' products. This thread is full of mixed feedback. I was strongly considering the Hasbro Black series version since I only intend to use it as a display piece, but have been mulling over spending some extra money for a higher-end product.

Hi fellas. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm interested in placing a pre-order for the upgraded OT Stormtrooper helmet, as it's within my viable price range. The wait times/delivery date is not much of an issue for me but I was wondering about the consistency/quality of Anovos' products. This thread is full of mixed feedback. I was strongly considering the Hasbro Black series version since I only intend to use it as a display piece, but have been mulling over spending some extra money for a higher-end product.
Make sure you understand the difference between the Anovos and the Black Series helmets. The Anovos is made from much thinner, flexible, vacuformed ABS. The original helmets were vacuformed. The Black Series is injection molded which is thicker and more rigid. The Black Series is more toy like with features like sound effects and a speaker grill.

Generally Anovos does a good job with delivering the helmets. There are frequently delays for the costume ensembles.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Also, the Black Series is symmetrical, and a fairly good representation of the new version of the Stormtrooper helmet seen in Rogue One. In addition to assembly factors (join lines and mold marks that need to be addressed, the battery door and the speaker openings, etc.), the detailing is not OT-accurate. Ear greeblies and "tube stripes" foremost. The ANOVOS helmet is asymmetrical, like the originals, albeit with somewhat sharper detail due to different manufacturing methods. So it's important to know what basic philosophy you're going for.

I haven't studied it at all but what's the difference between a Shore Trooper helmet and a AC-ACT driver helmet?
The AT-ACT has some extra stuff on the back of the helmet that the Shoretrooper doesn't.

The color as well. Unfortunately the beige Anovos used on the Shoretrooper isn't quite right. The weathering isn't very close to the amount you see on the screen used helmets. Some people repaint the Anovos Shoretrooper to correct the color and do a better job on the weathering.

I would recommend watching YouTube reviews of both. For the Anovos, there have been at least two versions of the basic helmet. For the 2017 version, they modified some of the details that people complained about on the earlier version. I'm not sure if they made more changes for the 2018 version or not based on the product description.

The Anovos is better as an ANH replica. The Black Series is based on the Rogue One version which has some different details but is more toy like. Some people modify the Black Series and end up with a really nice looking helmet but it looks like a fair amount of work.

The AT-ACT has some extra stuff on the back of the helmet that the Shoretrooper doesn't.

The color as well. Unfortunately the beige Anovos used on the Shoretrooper isn't quite right. The weathering isn't very close to the amount you see on the screen used helmets. Some people repaint the Anovos Shoretrooper to correct the color and do a better job on the weathering.

Really? I don't remember reading that. I'll have to check it out again, thanks!

UGG! Anovos just pissed me off.

They just started offering replacement parts for their stormtrooper while Im STILL waiting on my kit and it is getting close to the end of their stated shipping term for my order.

Where did you see that? I haven't gotten any newsletter info from them and the site still says they are considering it in the FAQ as it always has.

Hey, I just want to keep this thread bumped to the top - if only because anyone associated with Anovos might feel a tiny bit of relief from seeing it go dormant. BUT...

15 more days left in this "window" to receive the Kylo Ren premiere costume I purchased from them in person TWO YEARS AGO. And every indication is that they will delay it again.

Wow.

Hey, I just want to keep this thread bumped to the top - if only because anyone associated with Anovos might feel a tiny bit of relief from seeing it go dormant. BUT...

15 more days left in this "window" to receive the Kylo Ren premiere costume I purchased from them in person TWO YEARS AGO. And every indication is that they will delay it again.

Wow.

I also have 15 days left for them to ship my tk kit. Although I ordered it back in September when they were planning for a fall shipping.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back