ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Well, I think fans said most of that. She does have a new book out, a comic book series to flesh her out and we will probably see her in more action in 8.

It probably isn't practical to combine shipping since most of the products are pretty large and already in a shipping box. I could see it with smaller items like the keychains.

If the handling charge somehow makes it possible to have the much quicker delivery times, I will take it over the multiple year waits.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah since each helmet is integrated into that very protective shipping box I don't think you could combine shipping. Using USPS would be cheaper but I guess they feel UPS has a better track record. Also I got a delivery notice for today so I think I'm finally getting the Rey helmet!

They can't conceivably combine the shipping, but I did notice if you have multiple things on the order you only pay the handling fee once. I guess that's nice.. The shipping charges though.. they're making 50% at least off that so I kind of feel like the handling charge is a bit of double dipping. Who knows, it might have been added to help alleviate the discount people get from using the coupon codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah since each helmet is integrated into that very protective shipping box I don't think you could combine shipping. Using USPS would be cheaper but I guess they feel UPS has a better track record. Also I got a delivery notice for today so I think I'm finally getting the Rey helmet!

I got mine. It came out really nice, better than expected.

I wished I had pulled the trigger on Rey helmet as well. Been reading pretty good comments on it. I did pre-order the Blue Squadron one though.

I have the TK kit on order. I can not wait to get it. Compared to the pricing on the full costume and their other items the kit is a steal! I hope it delivers on time.

I did read somewhere that they will finally give Phasma a chance to shine on the new movie. Hope they will do her justice. Phasma was supposed to be the Boba Fett of the Sequel Trilogy I believe.

If she was supposed to be the Fett of the sequels, then they're doing a great job: characters that look really cool but only show up for a few minutes and literally do nothing.

I hope that's not the fate Phasma suffers.

- - - Updated - - -

I wished I had pulled the trigger on Rey helmet as well. Been reading pretty good comments on it. I did pre-order the Blue Squadron one though.

Based on how nice the Rey helmet is, I'm hoping against hope that they do a Red 5 soon. I need one.

Here are some pics of the Anovos Stormtrooper helmet that just became available. Got it last week in the mail.
IMG_20170906_115407 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115438 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115519 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115537 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115547 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115607 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115612 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115630 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115642 - Copy.jpgIMG_20170906_115757 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170906_115636 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20170906_115636 - Copy.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
Eh, I can give them credit for trying to go back and make it more like the originals, but yea, they really went overboard with the teeth. The issue is that they made the entire helmet sharper/cleaner. The teeth are now too sharp and squared off to look correct. The "rounding" out of the teeth should be at the upper-inside edge of the teeth- not recessed at the very bottom. http://starwarshelmets.com/2014/LFL_Storm_Stunt01.jpg

Additionally, the gray paint/decal is now too narrow, overly narrow. It's obvious they based the gray on the teeth on the "hero" style helmet, but on a "stunt" helmet, which even then, it's over exaggerated, if you compare it to this: http://starwarshelmets.com/2007/IMG_8433.jpg

Honestly, if they just kept every change BUT the teeth, it would have been a lot better

I just received shipment confirmation of my 2.0 bucket. I bought it as a replacement to the one with my kit. I do not like the grey on the teeth, it just "looks" incomplete. I bought a bottle of the correct grey and will try and complete the painting. If that goes awry I'll just strip all the paint off and redo

It's tough to admit, but overall I'd have to say I'm pretty disappointed and wouldn't advise people to buy it. It's my first go into "props" so a bit of a let down. I was thinking of maybe painting the teeth more solid grey like we see in the stunt helmet above. Also the left eye was not cut clean and the black strip across the top does not mask where the two parts of the helmet come together. Not sure how "accurate" that is but from a cleanliness standpoint it should have been done.

I don't need anything super screen accurate, but expected a bit more for $250. I thought I had researched them enough, guess not. Any thoughts from someone more knowledgeable on how to help it out would be great.

It's tough to admit, but overall I'd have to say I'm pretty disappointed and wouldn't advise people to buy it. It's my first go into "props" so a bit of a let down. I was thinking of maybe painting the teeth more solid grey like we see in the stunt helmet above. Also the left eye was not cut clean and the black strip across the top does not mask where the two parts of the helmet come together. Not sure how "accurate" that is but from a cleanliness standpoint it should have been done.

I don't need anything super screen accurate, but expected a bit more for $250. I thought I had researched them enough, guess not. Any thoughts from someone more knowledgeable on how to help it out would be great.

Spend a good hour or two on starwarshelmets.com and look at the original helmets. You'll find that they were incredibly rough and sloppy looking. The issue is that Anovos first went to try and "clean up" the armor, but retain some of the wonkiness that people on the RPF typically prefer-it's more "accurate" to the film suits, rather than a perfect "idealized" replica that the general public "expects". This is the first thing I thought of when they announced this V2 helmet- the general public who does not study the original suits or at least has a basic knowledge of how half-assed the originals looked, will get this replica in and then ultimately complain about it. This was actually the case when they first shipped the armor kits out. People were upset or confused as to why some details were not perfectly aligned (like on the abdominal plate/cod piece as an example). They demanded refunds or replacements. Had to tell this to a couple locals who bought the armor to join the 501st.

As I mentioned above, they ultimately should have left the teeth the same way as their first version, but used the new aerators and decals, and it would have been better at the end of the day. If you repaint the teeth, then I think you'll be fine

Spend a good hour or two on starwarshelmets.com and look at the original helmets. You'll find that they were incredibly rough and sloppy looking. The issue is that Anovos first went to try and "clean up" the armor, but retain some of the wonkiness that people on the RPF typically prefer-it's more "accurate" to the film suits, rather than a perfect "idealized" replica that the general public "expects". This is the first thing I thought of when they announced this V2 helmet- the general public who does not study the original suits or at least has a basic knowledge of how half-assed the originals looked, will get this replica in and then ultimately complain about it. This was actually the case when they first shipped the armor kits out. People were upset or confused as to why some details were not perfectly aligned (like on the abdominal plate/cod piece as an example). They demanded refunds or replacements. Had to tell this to a couple locals who bought the armor to join the 501st.

As I mentioned above, they ultimately should have left the teeth the same way as their first version, but used the new aerators and decals, and it would have been better at the end of the day. If you repaint the teeth, then I think you'll be fine

They didn't change the molding of the teeth from their previous version, just the painting correct?

Shouldn"t the paint on the teeth be more glossy anyway? It may be easier to paint over the teeth of the new version than removing paint from the old version then repainting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Then definitely don't buy an RS Propmasters helmet...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back