ANOVOS Colonial Warrior Battle Jacket - Battlestar Galactica

Has anyone heard anything about this jacket? Anovos just ignores my requests for a refund and they have deleted my account even though I had pre-ordered outstanding this when it first hit the website. They even took my money and they just re-direct me their website every time I raise a query.

I feel like they stole money off me. They were really chatty with me when they took my money but after that there's this wall.

Latest update on their blog page says jacket is supposed to come out in 3rd quarter of this year. I’m not holding my breath on it.
I ordered a Disco Phaser and blog says they are slowly sending them out now. I’ll message to see if they respond about where I’m at in the queue. Again not expecting much of response.

The removal of account sounds extremely whacky.
If you have emails of the discussions with support, and also proof of payments, that should suffice as legal evidence. I think someone in this thread mentioned a group action suit against Anovos , but don’t know details. You also could see about lawyer consult, and see if Anovos reacts to even lawyer contacting them (have seen many companies Suddenly become talkative and compliant as soon as lawyer is involved).

Latest update on their blog page says jacket is supposed to come out in 3rd quarter of this year. I’m not holding my breath on it.
I ordered a Disco Phaser and blog says they are slowly sending them out now. I’ll message to see if they respond about where I’m at in the queue. Again not expecting much of response.

The removal of account sounds extremely whacky.
If you have emails of the discussions with support, and also proof of payments, that should suffice as legal evidence. I think someone in this thread mentioned a group action suit against Anovos , but don’t know details. You also could see about lawyer consult, and see if Anovos reacts to even lawyer contacting them (have seen many companies Suddenly become talkative and compliant as soon as lawyer is involved).

I've got the emails, all of them. When I first ordered from them they rejected my order saying it wasn't licensed outside of the USA so I asked a friend if I could use his address in the US. They obliged and even gave me a slight refund on the postage since I requested postage outside the US it was more. See what I mean about more chatty. I've emailed them the order number but all I get is the standard look at our website for updates. Not even entering into refunding me.

But yeah was pretty pissed when I went to log into Anovos and they said my account doesn't exist. I even emailed them about the deletion and the standard reply was look at our website for updates case closed.

Don't get me wrong I ordered the Enterprise jacket many moons ago and although delayed I received it. So it's not like I'm trying to cause beef with them. But the fact that I just get a door slammed in my face all the time is pretty annoying.

Please forgive my off topic question, but, the gun belts weren't blue?

Actually Funky is right the gun belts were blue and the holsters brown. They were standard Air Force issue. I had seen black belts also used that were faded that appeared blue as well.

Not the ones I or Chris Pappas have owned, Jean-Pierre even came out in an interview saying he would have never have paired a blue gun belt with that costume

Actually Funky is right the gun belts were blue and the holsters brown. They were standard Air Force issue. I had seen black belts also used that were faded that appeared blue as well.

Well Chris is an authority but I have a actual blackbelt that is dark bluish due to fade and a dark blue belt. Both are marked US as they were Military issued as grommeted pistol belts That you could attach your LBE or (Load Bearing Equipment). As we all know things get a little loose on set. You will also note all the hardware is brass to include the buckle and catch and all the grommets. Only two branches of the services had pistol belts with plain brass hardware. The Air Force as pictured here and the Navy. However,while the Navy had the brass accuramin those belts where only in white. The Army and the Marines used dark green belts with painted black hardware that coated all the brass. The Brown Kydex Holsters can be clearly seen here as well. GC
C442DAD8-F3E8-4058-B74F-250C3E6A8F96.jpeg

Last edited:
Were your belts screen used?

I have had 2 screen used belts in my collection over the years and they were not blue although just like Trek TOS Command Tunics 3rd Season the color gets havoc played with due to filters and lighting, ie, just look at my Avatar that is me in a screen used costume from the show and the tan looks washed out and the jacket too dark

I can see where some may say it is a faded blue or black, but as I posted earlier the belts were to have been a steel grey and the screen used belts I have seen over the years all had that fade black blue grey look.

Many have speculated that the belts were white and then dyed to get the color they wanted but they all came out just a tad different

Yes they are. Its possible that the white Navy belts were dyed. In the supplied picture the browns are clear as are the blues. Understand what you are saying with lights and such. But three belts presented side by side are blue. Faded black or whatever. The brass eyelets and buckles make it so.

I’d also add in that black dyes can be based from brown or from blue. They appear black, but with time and wear will fade to very dark version of the color base, lightening further with time. So if the belts were dyed with a blue based black dye, the fading would turn them to dark navy blue and continue to lighten with time and wear from use.

Ones perception comes into play as well.

There is a pretty good pic of Jolly’s belt, which I think is owned by a member here, if you google, “ gun belt Battlestar Galactica “ that match the color of the belts seen in your post

Yes they are. Its possible that the white Navy belts were dyed. In the supplied picture the browns are clear as are the blues. Understand what you are saying with lights and such. But three belts presented side by side are blue. Faded black or whatever. The brass eyelets and buckles make it so.

I was just organizing old screenshots. This is from the Anovos Website.
Colonial Warrior Jacket.
Shipping in Spring 2018

Attachments

• Colonial Warrior Jacket Shipping Spring 2018.jpg
    Colonial Warrior Jacket Shipping Spring 2018.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 133
I was just organizing old screenshots. This is from the Anovos Website.
Colonial Warrior Jacket.
Shipping in Spring 2018

It was supposed to be finally delivered this month to people that ordered it (which I had), as of most recent quarterly report. No signs of it shipping, and not even message saying further delays. Sigh.

I got email from Anovos support about jackets arriving from maker and then going out, starting in April. Given my discovery phaser and uniform STILL haven’t shipped despite them allegedly going out already, I’m pessimistic, but will see what happens.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back