Another Zvezda Star Destroyer

Looks great, but as you theorized, I think a coat to tone it down and be less contrasted would look much better for it's scale

IMHO you want the contrast barely noticeable until you specifically look for it

Looks great, but as you theorized, I think a coat to tone it down and be less contrasted would look much better for it's scale

IMHO you want the contrast barely noticeable until you specifically look for it
YES. ^^^^ THIS. Subtle makes a difference and matches more closely the ILM filming model.

Airbrush Panels undersidehull.jpgAirbrush Panels undersidehullB.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject guys. Seems the general consensus is to apply a filter so that's what I shall do, even though I quite like the contrasting colors. I'll save it for a different ship

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject guys. Seems the general consensus is to apply a filter so that's what I shall do, even though I quite like the contrasting colors. I'll save it for a different ship

The light and shadows on all the detail really goes a long way in making it look great so that even a bland paint job can look like there is way more going on

Although knowing your work with the Space Battleship Yamato stuff, you really make things your own in a good way instead of trying to slavishly mimic the existing color schemes etc...

If you prefer the contrast I would say stick with it.

My suggestion was advice if your trying to capture the look of the studio model

After all, who is to say this is not a Star Destroyer that has seen a lot of battles and has had many plating repairs done to give it those various colors

Thanks mate
Still need to do washes, dry brush and pencil in some panel lines which will hopefully add to it. I'm going to research some proper weathering patterns and attempt to apply them. The operative word here being attempt. Ordinarily I would say that painting is not my strong suit, gowever, so far, I am really happy with the progress I've been making. Now my main concern is ensuring I can actually get everything put together. Dry fitting has revealed quite an array of potential issues. One of the downsides to adding all this extra stuff

I agree - I think the toned down look with a top coat looks fantastic and still has enough contrast to really capture all the detail you have put in this gem!

The level of detail is almost incomprehensible and that's when we see it coming together. When painted and on display, I fear the uninitiated will easily discount much of that amazing detail as "kit provided." Even if you're there to explain it at a show, it could be under appreciated. Regardless, you have a fan base here.

Hi all

Well, I have finally sorted out my last remaining hurdle and it's onto the final stretch - more or less. Yep, I have finally sorted out my mounting device and at long last, I will be able to slip the ship on and off it's mount (I'm not sure how many times I would want to but for transportation this will be invaluable)

all I have to do is attach the sleeve onto the bottom of the ship and we're good to go. I've got it so I have 4 separate power lines which I will be able to distribute to hangar bay lights, engines, superstructure and floodlights.

It's by no means pretty but it works which is more important. The wires will travel down the back side of the armature into the base. Once I have the last bit of wire covered, I'll paint it all black

51677135902_0149459ec3_b.jpg

51677135677_88efbb16a4_b.jpg

51678821680_5d511962f2_b.jpg

51677942586_e6c1cec3a9_b.jpg

51677942586_e6c1cec3a9_b.jpg

As I said, not the prettiest stuff ever but I had to make do with what I had

Anyway, that's it for now.

As always, thanks for looking

Si

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back