Another Iron Man Build

mickc

Hi Guys,

I'm from Australia, I have stumbled upon this forum, and now I am hooked!

I have started building a Mark VI Iron Man Suit, for Halloween 2012.

I will be using Pep/fiberglass/bondo for the build. Never used Pep before, but I have built several custom show cars, including all panel, prep and paint work, so I consider myself quite experienced with the rest of the materials.

So far I am cutting and assembling the components from 200GSM card, and checking for correct scale before continuing.

Also I will be stuffing the suit full of electronics, as that is my true field of expertise :)

Here are a few of the thing on the "definite" list for inclusion

* Servo operated Opening Faceplate
* Illuminated Eyes
* Active cooling system for helmet/chest area (Halloween here is like 30-32 deg C !!)
* Accelerometer activated sound effects (eg raising the arm gives a robotic sound effect, changing the pitch and speed with the motion)
* Animated repulsors

I am also looking into these ideas:

* Concealed pinhole cameras to provide field of vision to a mini LCD screen inside the faceplate (so the eye holes can be closed in totally)
* Voice control of suit functions - also playback of "Jarvis" sound bytes after commands

Anyway, I will be updating with pics as things come together.

Sounds ambitious Mickc! Would be awesome to have all that implemented into your suit.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as being experienced with working with body filler, primer and paints. Work on cars for a living. To me, it's the pep files that are difficult and time consuming! Good luck and Ill keep checking in! :D

Sounds ambitious Mickc! Would be awesome to have all that implemented into your suit.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as being experienced with working with body filler, primer and paints. Work on cars for a living. To me, it's the pep files that are difficult and time consuming! Good luck and Ill keep checking in! :D

Thanks mate, I'm getting more keen everyday!

I have been busy tidying up other projects around the house to keep the wife amused, but have been researching heavily into my build plans.

I will be using Robo's Mk VI suit Pep files, and Sharkheads Hi Res Pep for the helmet.

I have built the tester for the helmet to get the scale right, and will commence a test helmet soon enough :)

Definitely staying tuned. I don't think I've seen a suit yet with full on movement noises, voice control, camera vision, etc.

Definitely a challenge but if you've got the expertise in working on cars and electronics you are pretty much ready to go.

This sounds awesome. Very ambitious to say the least.

As far as the electronics you want to add, look up Anthony Le on google and/or youtube...

I believe he goes by MasterLe on youtube and facebook. He has done almost every Iron man build there is. On his Hulk Buster armor he implemented a camera & small LCD screen on the inside. Look him up!

As far as the electronics you want to add, look up Anthony Le on google and/or youtube...

I believe he goes by MasterLe on youtube and facebook. He has done almost every Iron man build there is. On his Hulk Buster armor he implemented a camera & small LCD screen on the inside. Look him up!

He needs information on how to do it, not pretty flashy videos on youtube. If you want help on setting things up look around these forums, there won't be a better place for that. Nothing against you Vinny, but you should do a search on pretty much all forums(prop, cosplay, costume etc.) on said AnthonyLe before you "back" him.

He needs information on how to do it, not pretty flashy videos on youtube. If you want help on setting things up look around these forums, there won't be a better place for that. Nothing against you Vinny, but you should do a search on pretty much all forums(prop, cosplay, costume etc.) on said AnthonyLe before you "back" him.

Ooooo take it easy on me. I was merely giving him a reference on where to look. Notice I said "look him up"?

I never said anything about that guy being a one stop shop. Of course he should look everywhere. I just remembered seeing one of his videos, which are VERY informative, of him using a camera and LCD screen in one of his suits. I didnt think any harm would come from passing that lil bit of info onto him.

Ooooo take it easy on me. I was merely giving him a reference on where to look. Notice I said "look him up"?

I never said anything about that guy being a one stop shop. Of course he should look everywhere. I just remembered seeing one of his videos, which are VERY informative, of him using a camera and LCD screen in one of his suits. I didnt think any harm would come from passing that lil bit of info onto him.

Im surprised you found something informative that anthonyle has said. Ive been on forums, youtube, and other various sites for weeks constantly reading up on iron man builds and anthonyle always comes up. From what ive read the guy does not give out info on how he does the electronics. Ill have read what info he did give. Sorry didnt mean to stray from the subject :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Im surprised you found something informative that anthonyle has said. Ive been on forums, youtube, and other various sites for weeks constantly reading up on iron man builds and anthonyle always comes up. From what ive read the guy does not give out info on how he does the electronics. Ill have read what info he did give. Sorry didnt mean to stray from the subject :p

You are correct when you say he does not give out information or tutorials on how he builds his armor...

But he does show what he uses.

I personally think that he doesn't do a lot of the work himself, hence the secrecy

Thanks Guys,

I have been looking at quite a lot of ideas, my style is to incorporate what I like from different things i have seen into my own ideas.

I have also come up with another couple of planned additions after watching IM2 in full 1080HD glory on my 1600" projector screen :)

* Servo Actuated missile pods in shoulders
* Laser pointer/beams under the hand covers to simulate the weapon used in the dome fight scene.
* CO2 discharge / fibreoptics in hands and feet to simulate flight system.

I have also come across a place here that can chrome/gold plate fibrglass/resin etc, and might look into it for various parts of the suit.

A sample of the chrome and gold are attached
Note that these are all plastic car parts :)

(How awesome would a fully chromed War Machine suit be!

Those are also great ideas for additions to your suit, ones ive never seen before accept the lights to simulate flight. Please keep us updated until you are finished with the project!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back