Another foam Predator WIP

MisterBob

Sort of a rushed and jumbled thread but I had a few spare moments to throw in pics of my build for DragonCon.

The bodysuit is the typical Mr. Incredible suit, using 1" foam that's been sanded down to approximate some muscle shapes. Also, I took out the uniboob and cut out some more appropriate pectoral shapes.
bodysuit1.jpg
After several coats of latex...but we noticed the sharpie ink bled through all of the layers as did some red from somewhere.
bodysuit2.jpg bodysuit4.jpg
Later, we got the suit up on a makeshift stand and my fiancee Adnarim got her second airbrush painting experience.
bodysuit5.jpg

Raw mask and feet are from Termokk. We repaired what we could but not enough time to get all holes filled. Adnarim's paint job still turned out awesome.
mask1.jpg mask2.jpg feet1.jpg
And the raw hands from Monsterroom...also painted by Adnarim of course:
hands1.jpg .

I'm still rushing to get the armor finished in time for DCon, will try and get some of those pics up soon.

bodysuit1.jpg

bodysuit2.jpg

bodysuit4.jpg

bodysuit5.jpg

feet1.jpg

hands1.jpg

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

armor.jpg
Trying to find more pictures...here's my cannon. I shortened the one from the AvP video game. The core of it is pink insulation foam with random bits of cardboard, styrene and a few 3D printed parts of my own design.
cannon.jpg

One of the wrist blades and the two shins plastidipped:

One evening left to finish everything before DragonCon so I don't have much in pictures to show for it. Everything's been weathered (perhaps too heavily) but still some straps/belts to attach, bio magnets to add, and reapply all the dreads that fell off last night.
all_armor.jpg

^ I know that, I just wondered how they do that with foam, cutting the pieces uhh... so many other things which I won't go into detail too much.
Foam armor is really easy..just cut out the patterns heat them up and bend them to shape. Then all you have to do is glue. I'm making my armor out of foam for my costume

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back