Another Fili Costume - for my husband

Guri

Sr Member
Just starting the thread - no much to show so far. I'm heavily relying on Jessymygriffen's thread and research to get this done. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239417

undershirtdone.jpg

I'm using this wig from here... we got it and it is very thick, thankfully. I have not styled it yet:

http://www.wigisfashion.com/collections/blonde-lace-front-wigs/products/lf058

WIF_LF058_1_large.jpeg

The thicker the wig, the better, really!

That shirt worked out very nice, good job!

Feikoi put up more on the buckle/belt patterns on the old Fili thread for you, if you want to check that out.

Oh yeah? I'll have to check it out, thanks! This week I hope to finish at least the sewing part of the vest, if not get started on the adornments. THen the belt and boots. I have so much to do before Dragoncon that I have to keep on a schedule or else I'll be doing the all night thing. :p

Oh yeah? I'll have to check it out, thanks! This week I hope to finish at least the sewing part of the vest, if not get started on the adornments. THen the belt and boots. I have so much to do before Dragoncon that I have to keep on a schedule or else I'll be doing the all night thing. :p

Ha ha, yes. When we did feikoi's Fili costume, we did it in just under a month, with both of us working on it after work. I had a schedule set up with a count-down, and emailed her every other day. It helped harass us, and also gave satisfaction as the list shrank and items were crossed off. We knew the time frame would be tight from my experience making the Thorin costume.

I just didn't have time to do this costume completely, and the thought of trying to do it all and then him being way too hot to wear it at Dcon with the wig, just didn't settle with me. So, on a whim while joking around I came up with another idea - just use the piece I already made and put him in a barrel... a friend of mine said I could spray him with water if he gets hot. haha!!

So I give you the makings of, Fili in a barrel. I need to find some rope and make him a harness.

Barrel.jpgbarrel3.jpgbarrelprogress.jpg

The only night my husband wore this, I didn't bring our camera because we couldn't carry it... But a friend took this (said friend is Eomer AKA Grey Pilgrim on the RPF) and this is one of the only shots I saw from that night. Hopefully more will pop up!

mattsphoto.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back