[Anime: Hellsing] Alucard's Jackal handgun.

Stranger

Greetings!

For my first replication on this forum, and with enough support I am planning on making the Jackal gun from the anime Hellsing (see bellow).
attachment.jpg
Its length is measured to be 39 cm's and takes a 13mm magazine (And is supposed to weigh 16 kg's, but to hell with that).
Since this is my first gun replica I would like to ask some advice before starting:

1. What would be a fitting material to make the gun out of? I would want it light but still sturdy enough to not bend or break if I should drop it. I would prefer it to be metal, but I suppose plastic would also do.
2. The text on the side is an important feature and I would like it inscribed into the side instead of just painting it on, any tips on this?
3. I'm not planning on adding any mechanisms to it at this point seeing as though I am a pretty new to this, but out of curiosity: How difficult would it be to add a
  • Sliding mechanism
  • Magazine that can be extracted and inserted
  • A functional trigger that will slide the top part backwards, as if really firing a bullet.

Thank you for any tips!

(PS: Pardon my lack of knowledge of the names of the gun parts, I'm not really a gun enthusiast)

This is the reference picture I will be using for the 3D model. I had to two different pictures to get all of the details visible.
Jackal.png

I'd say get hold of an airsoft gun or something similar, and then make an extension from styrene sheet or MDF. You can easily scribe into those materials, and both are sturdy enough

If you had the ability, I would cold cast the body and use an airsoft as a base like they said above. Cold casting isn't as heavy as you might think. Plus it would be nice to have some weight behind it. I think there is a real world handgun his is based off of. HK something? Don't quote me on that though. It would just make it easier for you I think.

If you have a dremel then you could use the inscription bit to inscribe the words. Just trace the words onto the gun in pencil and go over it with the bit.

I have looked over a few images of handguns for possible candidates for the "base" of the Jackal, though I have not found one with the right placement for the safety pin nor the other small pin I can't figure out what it's for, so I have concluded that I will most likely get the cheapest airsoft-gun I can find with the right measurements and pimp it out to at least look a bit like the Jackal.
If anyone can find a gun with the right measurements or the gun that Sandman0077 speaks of, please PM me or write it in this thread.

Beings the round is larger than a .50 I would go with a Desert Eagle. At least the grip would be about right. Everything else is cosmetic.

I'm using 2x4 its been the easier of all projects Ive been working on lately. I don't have a pic on me right now but I can post one when I get home tonight its actually coming out pretty good. Im just working on applying some bondo to it right now. How is this coming I would like to see it.

Also this site goes over each firearm throughout the series', for the both anime and ova series.
www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hellsing_(TV_Series)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Poseidon model company in Japan sold both solid-cast resin and Airsoft conversion kits for the Jackal and Casull from Hellsing.

The Jackal used a KSC Beretta 92 as the base gun.

PICT2528.jpg

PICT2531.jpg

PICT2532.jpg

Dang so Is that what this guy ended up doing instead of building it? I know I can order stuff I have found numerous places to do so, I just want to make it myself its not a costuming thing for me its more of a hobby I just like to try and make things, just to see if I am able.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back