ANH Solo Gloves

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ive had a good luck but i cant find the member who was making the Solo gloves can any one point me in the right direction and do you know if he has any of these left

many thanks

I believe you seek DangeRuss66. I haven't seen him on in awhile. I have a deposit in on the gloves with him but none have been produced yet.
icon_frown.gif

yup, that is who you seek. I as well have the deposit and no gloves BUT he keeps in 'regular' contact about the ongoing problems he's been having with his glove maker. Its taking some time but in the end it'll be worth it. I truly believe our patience will be well rewarded...

The guys a scammer! You'll never see your money again! Muhuhahahahahaha!
icon_lol.gif

Actually, Russ is a great guy. He lives just a couple of miles from me and we have drinks together often. For those that remember when he did his last run, it took FOREVER due to his supplier taking his sweet time, but when the gloves were done, oh, BABY! I love the pair I got (a couple of years ago) and they're stiil holding up beautifuly and only look more weathered. Worth every penny. On THIS run, the gloves (I believe) will be even more accurate (not sure how this is possible!) and made with higher quality leather. Those who were on the fence the last time because the project took so long soon regretted it as when they finally came in they sold out in record time. Russ recently got a promotion at his job so he spends very little time on the RPF anymore but I promise that this project is still moving forward. If you have any questions, please e-mail him and he will most likely answer in 24 hours or less.

Great stuff how can get hold of him as a couple of guys including me over in the UK would really love to be included in this new run

Don't sweat it. Russ will come through for you.
It took us over 2 years for the very first run. But as stated earlier, they were well worth the wait. I still love mine and they are perfect.
Have patience little one. All things with their own time.
(seriously, expect a year or so.)

Docking Bay 327

The last update I got was in September, so even if there is no news, I'd like to hear from Russ on the subject.
I'm not worried, just impatient.
icon_wink.gif

Also it seems that the old thread has dropped off the board, so maybe he could update us in this thread every few months.

The last I got was in October:

"I spoke to my glove maker tonight and he and I had a long conversation. He really is a good guy and assured me that he is 100% positive that he will see this project to completion. I made sure to let him know that we have been patient with him, but it is now time to produce some results. I know some of you are frustrated, but believe me-you canÂ’t be more frustrated than I am with this project at this point. I made sure that he knew that we have been waiting, have been extremely patient & understanding with his delays, and that we must finish this up. He understood the urgency that I was communicating to him for this project to be over. HeÂ’s a good guy, but itÂ’s time to wrap this up.

One of the things that I learned is that his manufacturer is a little intimidated by this project. He has my prototype, but they are a little intimidated by how picky we are about the precise details. This turns into a Catch 22 for us though. The more accurate we want these, the longer we have to wait. Well, I believe that weÂ’ve waited long enough. I know that the costume season is practically over and we wonÂ’t have the gloves before Halloween, and again, I apologize. But I gave him a deadline of October 31st to produce pictures, prototypes, or some sort of tangible result to let me know progress is being made. He agreed so hopefully some good news will be coming soon.

He gave me a few more details about his operation and his manufacturing options. Basically, our order is going to be smaller than what he considers a large order so set up costs and production costs prohibit using dies and the cuts will be done with a laser machine.

Thank you for your continued patience. I have every confidence that we will see this project through to completion. These will absolutely get done and everybody who wants a pair of gloves will get them, I promise. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Russell
"

Not in a long while (months). I really think it will still happen - sometime. But a quick post or email with an update would be a good idea.

I emailed Russ TWICE and haven't heard a response. I'm not worried or angry, I'm just wondering how things are progressing?

B :)

EDIT: I've sent PM's too just to be sure.

I also kicked him an emai in the last week to see whats going on, havent heard back yet, but that doesnt mean anything

dan

I'm having drinks with him tonight. I'll mention this and have him post up some kind of response.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back