ANH Luke Macrobinocular Build

I don't think the prop guys would have gone through all that work.
Why did you choose this way?
I guess it would mean less messing about with the other bits that you have to remove to add back onto a newly made transition box - all the fittings would tie up nice?

Thanks Marcus, as it happens I received another 660 in the post today, so I may just have to give this a shot. The putty you refer to in post #13 (think that's right) do you happen to know what it goes by, is it similar to car body filler, or some modelling clay of some type?

I used Aves Apoxy Putty, but any kind of putty should do the job (Aves, Car body filler, Miliput etc.). The contour of the swoop at the front is determined by the aluminum plates, that I used to clad the sides of the 660 hood with. I filled the cavity, sanded/ shaped the excess and voilá

I used Aves Apoxy Putty, but any kind of putty should do the job (Aves, Car body filler, Miliput etc.). The contour of the swoop at the front is determined by the aluminum plates, that I used to clad the sides of the 660 hood with. I filled the cavity, sanded/ shaped the excess and voilá
Thanks Marcus

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back