Anh Imperial Cruiser - Star Destroyer Devestator

Re: Anh star destroyer devestator

man, those Y-Wing neck subassemblies got around!
Actually I'm going to have to starting calling these "SD trench subassemblies", because the 8rad hull is all one piece, and the Y-wing (and the Falcon) cut it up.

This project has taken me away from everything the last couple of months. I have(with help) found that there is over 100 kits used on this model. Some of those were parts added after ANH which Im not that interested in as I want this to be as close to the ANH build as possible.
I have it on good authority that the starboardside of the Devestator was not detailaed at all for ANH & was bare.
I have been buying kits & placing found parts into containers for each kit that donors are supplied from fpr casting at a later stage(maybe).
Its a big job & am just starting to get the itch to build this baby :love
I have my L'eggs Eggs, Drawer Pulls & medicine Cups.
All parts are separated & getting close to finalising dimensions to start the structure mock ups.
The model is 51-52" Long for sure( I back the 51")
As stated before this is a long term project as I want it to ba as accurate as possible to the ANH original studio miniature.
Unfortunatel reference is few & far between....

Jase,

You're off to a good start, my friend! Because of your help with parts, my SD build is going to be so much better than it would have been. Thank you!!!

FYI: I saw your L'eggs Eggs here. You should know before you do anything with them... I asked Lorne Peterson which side of the eggs they used for the engines, and it is not the side you have pictured. He specifically told me that they used the wide side, not the pointier side. The engines involve a lot of work, and I don't want to see you start the wrong side.

Wow Jason, you have been busy on Ebay! You've got a real treasure trove there. :love
I guess the falcon's on hold then?? :lol
Cheers and good luck with this one, John

Thanks but in all honesty I am a no one.
I have not even completed my '1st' studio scale build yet.
I am in all honesty just a beginner, a wannabe, try hard & all the rest at present.
I am however trying my hardest to learn from the great modelers here & the other sites aswell as contribute rather than 'pillage & hoard'.
This is a hobby & without sharing there would be no progression.
Thanks.

Another mindblowing build thread here. Very IMPRESSIVE!

I always think all you sirs in this section of the forum are not only great modelers, but also are archaeologists - ones who search for and bring into light the lost or treasure kit parts and show the process of how legendary SS models can be built.

Thanks but in all honesty I am a no one.

I'll have to differ with you on that, Jase. You're a heck of a guy. As for experience, you've shown every indication that your builds are going to be top-notch. You have patience (gotta have a lot of that), you're organized and you put much thought and planning into your projects. Above all you are very generous, and, as they say, what goes around...

Getting back on track I have started another mock up of the Bridge to ensure the dims are correct. I have collected almost 100 kits just for this build so thought I better get my act together again.

Definately time to update this thread.
I have been working with Charles Adams & Rick Ingalsbey on this project for some time now.
Charles with help from Rick & myself has been working on drawing up paterns as accurately as we can possibley get.
I have to say that Charles's work thus far is of course outstanding & he has produced beautiful paterns for the Frame, Hull & Engines Bay that would be as close if not dead on accurate for this subject.
We still have the Superstructure to finalise, some large plating sections & the Docking Bay.
The Engine area is completed & Charles's work in that hard to define area is exceptional.
The frame is an exact duplication of the original filming miniature other than mine is cut from acrylic rather than balsa wood.
This is going to be an outstanding achievement once the final paterns are completed.
I have about 90% of the kits needed for this build in full & will only use original parts on my build.
I do plan to cast all the parts or may ask a prominent caster to do it for me.
So here's what we have so far.

Oh this is not a kit.

Actually I'm going to have to starting calling these "SD trench subassemblies", because the 8rad hull is all one piece, and the Y-wing (and the Falcon) cut it up.
Hmmm there was many 8rad on the falcon I thought one was whole ......should be ILM detailing block or star wars detailing standard

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back