ANH Hero DL-44 - scope mount Question/ Request

cwoodreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all! Looking for someone with a FM scope to help me out.

I have a DEC scope mount currently on my ANH DL-44. It’s a lovely piece but an error in assembly once resulted in it having to be permanently fixed to the aluminium cross bar.

I’d like to change it over to a Steel FM scope mount - problem is, my threaded rod and nuts are welded to the Mauser body! I’m hoping that it will just be a straight swap but I need someone to confirm/ take a measurement for me.

Would anyone with a FM mount kindly take the following measurements:

Attachments

• 9BFC36D4-469B-42A8-9119-7A4905CC81ED.jpeg
    9BFC36D4-469B-42A8-9119-7A4905CC81ED.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 61B1C75E-3084-47A2-B62B-180415528260.jpeg
    61B1C75E-3084-47A2-B62B-180415528260.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
The distance between the holes on both crossbars should be identical; Field Marshal's crossbar is just ground down on one side to create the offset.

Also, if you're switching over to a Field Marshal scope mount then I'd be very interested in potentially picking up your DEC mount! ;)

The distance between the holes on both crossbars should be identical; Field Marshal's crossbar is just ground down on one side to create the offset.

Also, if you're switching over to a Field Marshal scope mount then I'd be very interested in potentially picking up your DEC mount! ;)
You won’t want, it’s broken! Doesn’t come apart.

You won’t want, it’s broken! Doesn’t come apart.
What about the mount is broken, if you don't mind me asking?

I do a lot of my work by hand, so if it's something that I could fix then I wouldn't mind giving the mount a shot. Certainly better than throwing it away!

Essentially it’s all fused together. It can be repaired and I’ll probably do so one day. The centre thumbscrew retaining nut was fixed into the body - one day I tried to remove it and sheared off the head, keeping the thread in. Cosmetically the nut had to be rebuilt, but the crossbar and steel mount are now stuck together till I fix it. I just need Mill out the remains of the centre retaining nut, then plug it with a new threaded piece.

It’s not being sold chaps sorry! I just want a functioning one and the parts!

Aah I see, yeah that would be a tricky widget to fix. A bit disappointed you'll be keeping it but of course, I hope that you do eventually get it fixed up nicely! (one of these days I'll upgrade my own Field marshal mount with one of DEC's steel ones, if I can find one haha).

Also, here's hoping to see your finished blaster soon! (y)

Aah I see, yeah that would be a tricky widget to fix. A bit disappointed you'll be keeping it but of course, I hope that you do eventually get it fixed up nicely! (one of these days I'll upgrade my own Field marshal mount with one of DEC's steel ones, if I can find one haha).

Also, here's hoping to see your finished blaster soon! (y)
It shouldn’t be a hard fix - just requires me to rummage in the memory bank for how to do these repairs. I have the equipment to cut big metal like this so it’s no bother, but I’d like the FM bracket just in case.

If I ever choose to sell, I’ll be in contact

The DEC steel mount really is a beauty, that's what I ultimately opted for on my build after having all three (Field Marshall, DEC & Todd's). I just wish the center knob was a bit more accurate on the DEC (Field Marshall really nailed that one in my opinion). Would love it if Chris would offer a center knob that fit the threading on the DEC! :lol:

Last edited:
The DEC steel mount really is a beauty, that's what I ultimately opted for on my build after having all three (Field Marshall, DEC & Todd's. I just wish the center knob was a bit more accurate on the DEC (Field Marshall really nailed that one in my opinion). Would love it if Chris would offer a center knob that fit the threading on the DEC! :lol:
I have both now, plan is to fix the DEC one. It shouldn't be hard but might make some flinch.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back