ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

Great build and perfect paintwork Lee. The weathering is spot on to my mind.
Jason, That armatronics is awesome. Pity the best stuff is always expensive............

I'll be adding this into mine as soon as he's done with the programming - I want the guns to fire while elevating and rotating, tracking an X-Wing "off camera". He's so close now! He's been on this for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV6zcd2F0Q&feature=youtu.be

Won't be done for WF this year, but I aim to have all five feet of it done for next year's 40th anniversary!

- - - Updated - - -

Lee, I love the added greeblies on the extension you made. It looks seamless!!
That is some incredible work!

Wow. That is sweet. Love those slight overlaps at the angle changes. Just like the sketches. Will be a thing of beauty.

My electronics from Helios arrived today, so I'll be back into finishing up my build finally.

My "deluxe" animatronics set just arrived from Germany, too... all I can say is oh my goodness!! I chose the "put it together yourself" option. Clearing off one of my benches for this over the next week or two, now that I have everything. Shooting to get up and rolling around the Thanksgiving holiday (actually have some full weeks off coming up for once). Also need to figure out why my pic uploads to PB are broken. Hope to start a thread... J, your link is broken above, but I'm guessing what's there... getting inspired... :)

Hi to all . I am trying to build my turret, already have Mike Salzo resin parts , but i miss the chance of have the incredible kit from Wasili . This amazing thread had all the pics of the assembly of the model, but it appears that the photos are not available anymore, is there someone that could have save them? And is it possible to send to me ?
Thanks in advance
My email is goncaloinocentes@geotrilho.pt

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back