ANH * Death Star Laser Turret

And the part just to the left of that looks like a headlight mount for a large tank. Probably one of the 1/15th scale ones.

You're right Scott. This is from the nichimo panther but it's definitely from a panther.

a34e93f7.jpg

Thanks wasili~! Great pics!
Actually, I've Ided most of donors in the rear, but I just wanted to confirm it clearly :)
Jedimaster, that part is used from bandai panther!!!

I will post my progress...tonight.

Thanks Eric.

Sweet find Jedimaster !!!!!!

Oh, and actually the Haseg 1/76 Sherman kit itself is not used on the Turret, under the barrels. It's the cast greeblie strip that was used in the trench of the ANH Star Destroyer, which happens to have a Sherman on it. That's why it looks so solid.

Cheers,
Wasili

Was just goin to cast it up solid anyway but that is interesting.. I don't think I've seen it on the SD but then I haven't been looking for it. Gonna have to go look.

Thanks .

Was just goin to cast it up solid anyway but that is interesting.. I don't think I've seen it on the SD but then I haven't been looking for it. Gonna have to go look.

Thanks .

I already have a mold for it, see post 1, picture 2. The blue mold on the lower right corner. Left to that is the Hummel vent mold, and left to that is the Hummel cog wheel mold.

Cheers,
Wasili

Yeah I saw those . Like the rest of your work they are very clean and precise. Unlike mine. I'm gonna have to get in some more silicon so I can cast up all the pieces in 4 or 5 sheets me thinks. Still got a few more kits to get then I'll do a complete part set or partial set for those interested.

Hey Eric,

The lower left piece looks like a rectangular vent piece form the 1/48 panther. I've seen the same part in the gun area.

The mid right side piece that I said looks like a headlight base seems to be this piece from the 1/15 Bandai Stug. I can't compare it to the size of other pieces, but this sure looks like the piece.

Sweet find Jedimaster !!!!!!

Oh, and actually the Haseg 1/76 Sherman kit itself is not used on the Turret, under the barrels. It's the cast greeblie strip that was used in the trench of the ANH Star Destroyer, which happens to have a Sherman on it. That's why it looks so solid.

Cheers,
Wasili

Yeah those are also used on the Falcon ! :)

Hi Scott,

OMG...
I have never thought that part came from Stug....:cry
Thank you very much Scott :)

On the other hand, although that part is similar to the rectangular vent piece from panther, it is slightly different...???

thanks Eric.

Hey Eric,

The lower left piece looks like a rectangular vent piece form the 1/48 panther. I've seen the same part in the gun area.

The mid right side piece that I said looks like a headlight base seems to be this piece from the 1/15 Bandai Stug. I can't compare it to the size of other pieces, but this sure looks like the piece.

Last edited:
Hey Eric, you may want to update your kit list on the first page with the Kenworth 123 in case anyone is buying kits for their build.

I'm only able to highlight the obvious. 2 x Aurora M8 Carrier blades and what looks to be the front axle from a truck, perhaps the previously mentioned Kenworth as well as some T track that runs down the curved barrel slot/mount.

Last edited:
I didn't realize the Harrow was used on this. Could you be more specific Treadwell? The part that looks like a suspension piece there is thought to be from an AMT truck suspension.

I think he's speaking about the part under the AMT truck suspension. Are you sure it's from the Harrow Jay ? The details of my kit dont match... :(

Last edited:
That's a 1/76 sherman suspension group, if I'm looking at the correct part. It's the 3 backsides of the bogies attached to the side of the hull=all one piece. It does look like some of the harrow details, true.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back