Angel Dust from Dead Pool

Darkbeauty

Hey Guys, I am looking for the brand of her gloves. Havent found anything yet. Special forces, fight or bike gloves?

05.jpg

Ooh, I'm excited to see this thread! I came out of the movie with an intense desire to do this costume, but I won't be able to start on it until next year at the earliest (too many other projects on the go!). Good luck with your build. :)

Glad to see this post. I'm in the research phase of this costume too. Anyone know what buckles they used? I'm guessing military something but haven't found them yet.

Glad to see this post. I'm in the research phase of this costume too. Anyone know what buckles they used? I'm guessing military something but haven't found them yet.

AustriAlpin Cobra buckles. Relatively expensive (maybe $30 each), but very high quality. If you want to save some money, you can craft or 3D-print fake buckles. There's a pretty good STL model included in a Black Widow model kit on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:569197

AustriAlpin Cobras were used in Avengers, Dredd3D, The Martian etc. My guess is that they are used on actual stunt harnesses etc, so it makes sense to use the same buckles for costumes as well. Besides, they look great. I bought one authentic one for my Black Widow belt (main tactical belt) and 3D-printed smaller ones for the gun holsters.

Awesome, thank you. Any chance I might be able to find them at military surplus stores? I have a few of them around my house. I unfortunately do not have access to a 3D printer.
As for the fabric for the corset, I was looking at how it tore after the fight scene and it looks like canvas to me. Anyone have any other ideas? and the strapping looks to be two different types: the diagonal ones (wider fabric with a bit of shine) and the ones that have buckles look to be a woven webbing.
It also appears that she has two shirts on: one short sleeved t-shirt, and one 3/4 sleeve that is ribbed.

I printed the small buckles at a local public library. Three small ones took maybe 15 minutes and cost a total of 40 cents. 3D printing might be more accessible than you think.

You can try the surplus stores, but belts with these buckles are usually quite expensive. Even the clone versions tend to be expensive and they look different. BTW, the Austrialpins come in a lot of variations too, but if you measure the straps exactly, it will narrow down your choices a lot. My guess is either 1.5" or 2" wide.

As for the fabric for the corset, I was looking at how it tore after the fight scene and it looks like canvas to me. Anyone have any other ideas? and the strapping looks to be two different types: the diagonal ones (wider fabric with a bit of shine) and the ones that have buckles look to be a woven webbing.
It also appears that she has two shirts on: one short sleeved t-shirt, and one 3/4 sleeve that is ribbed.

I agree that it looks like some kind of canvas fabric. It's pretty heavy-duty. The binding at the top and bottom looks like it might be leather (or fake leather). I don't entirely understand why there are buckles on the shoulder straps, since the brown part of the straps is clearly sewn into the corset so the buckles wouldn't really do anything. Those could definitely be static (non-working) versions of the buckles, though the one on the belt will need to work (or at least be removable somehow) so you can do up the zipper!

tumblr_o2oz73bAaG1ql7ztko1_1280.jpg tumblr_o2bf01zdy11rqmuhto1_540.jpg Angel and NTW.jpg

The diagonal straps almost look like seatbelt material to me. The buckle straps are definitely some kind of webbing, similar to her belt. I wonder if we'll be able to find the exact belt? It certainly looks like something that might actually exist. I'd also really love to know if the pants exist or if they're custom!

I really don't understand the two shirts. I mean... why? Especially since they're the same colour, lol. You can't even tell in most of the shots!

I wonder if we'll be able to find the exact belt?

The main belt looks like a very generic guard/tactical belt with a very simple plastic plastic buckle. Look for "tactical belt" on Ebay. I easily found a matching buckle (the belt that comes with it doesn't match) for under $6 and you can find other parts of that belt (the actual belt & the buttoned loops) just as easily. I didn't see a single item where everything would match, but at these prices, it probably doesn't matter if you have to buy 2-4 belts to get everything right? Or, if you want to shop locally, you'll be able to find similar items in local airsoft, security guard equipment or military surplus stores.

The straps that are sewn into the corset seem to be car seat belt straps. The horizontal belt with the Cobra buckle around the waistline is probably a seat belt with a slightly narrower nylon strap sewn on top. The "suspender" straps are just basic nylon straps (easily replicated with a basic sewing machine and some strap from a local craft store or Ebay).

My guess is that the lower AustriAlpin Cobra is a 2" (50mm) one-side adjustable and the suspenders have 1.5" (38mm) one-side adjustables, so the seat belt is likely 2" and the nylon straps are 1.5" wide. I didn't measure against a known reference, but the Cobra buckle shapes change subtly based on size and I spent a long time looking at them finding an exact match for the Black Widow tactical belt buckle. Movies always show the (blank) reverse side of the buckle, which has a slightly different shape than the front side.

Front side photos of 50 & 38 mm Cobra buckles (not necessarily the exact variations used in the film):

https://www.contactleft.co.uk/austrialpin-cobra-50mm-2-black-buckle-xl-black-clips-fc50kvf-xb.html
https://www.contactleft.co.uk/austrialpin-38mm-black-cobra-buckle-clips-fc38kvf.html

I may have found the actual belt on eBay - it's listed as a Cobra tactical belt. But yeah, I found elements from it for *way* cheaper, so I will probably buy a couple of pieces to put together to get the accurate belt. With shipping and the exchange rate the accurate belt is pushing $40.

wow, havent been here for a while. so many posts here.
I bought the small buckles in China. So much cheaper. Look for them on Aliexpress. I bought a tactical belt in England. The other Belt with the cobra buckle is seatbelt material and straps. i will use alcantara and one or two layers of cotton for the corset. As you can see, there is no boning in the corset.

I think the shirt are two sewes together. Thats the way I will do it. I will post some pics later.

i think the pants are regular and with alot of time we will identify them.

Things I bought:

tactical belt: http://www.ebay.de/itm/301494708983
buckles: http://de.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-2...trap-Buckle-For-38mm-Webbing/32554007988.html

Last edited:
I may have found the actual belt on eBay - it's listed as a Cobra tactical belt. But yeah, I found elements from it for *way* cheaper, so I will probably buy a couple of pieces to put together to get the accurate belt. With shipping and the exchange rate the accurate belt is pushing $40.

After surfing around I came across a belt that seem much closer than the Cobra (I could only find the Cobra belt with the quick release buckle), it is a "UTG Heavy Duty Elite Law Enforcement Pistol Belt". It has what looks like the right buckle, the double straps with snaps. And the best part is it is only $15 on Amazon.

Robin

After surfing around I came across a belt that seem much closer than the Cobra (I could only find the Cobra belt with the quick release buckle), it is a "UTG Heavy Duty Elite Law Enforcement Pistol Belt". It has what looks like the right buckle, the double straps with snaps. And the best part is it is only $15 on Amazon.

Robin

Awesome find! And it's even available on Amazon.ca too, yay! It looks pretty much exactly like the Cobra belt I found (which was on Ebay.ca, sorry! I forgot to mention that and I don't know if it would make a difference when searching the US version) but way cheaper. :)

Been a while since I was on here, but I was re-watching the movie, and it appears as if the corset is laced on the sides (in the black panel). Did anyone else see this? So far all the stills I've been able to find don't show that area very clearly, and non of the cosplayers that I've seen do this, have the lacing.
I was able to finish my version for ECCC last year but I'm thinking of pulling it apart and adding the lacing. I think it will help get the hourglass look without relying only on the cut. I think it will also help with the problem of zipping up the front with it as tight as it is.

Screenshot2a.jpg

This is the best screenshot I was able to get from the trailers (she's blurry because she's not the main focus of the shot). Does anyone else have a better shot?

View attachment 663080

This is the best screenshot I was able to get from the trailers (she's blurry because she's not the main focus of the shot). Does anyone else have a better shot?

So far I think that is the best screenshot of the lacing, thanks! my computer doesn't play blueray so I couldn't screenshot it. In your shot it also looks as if the top binding doesn't go over the black panel. What do you think?
Lacing looks to be simple round cording, so that will be easy, and the "loops" (for lack of a better word) that the lacing goes through could be simple black ribbon folded over and sewn into the seam, maybe about an 3/4 of an inch long.
Guess it is time to rip out the seam ripper...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back