And… another ANH 5FT falcon. My second attempt.

Dimitri-Ajith

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks Bjorn!

Yes indeed the Ladder chief and the chassis 'rails' on the outer wall provide some guidance. And honestly, i couldn't have done this with the work in progress pictures from sean and stu their builds. Using those and reconfirming plating and greeblie locations on photos of the original falcon is my workflow.... Sometimes a quick peek at the Bandai PG, for an extra confirm.

Getting there... slowly, but getting ,more confident by the hour. More things fall in place... i guess the beginning is the hardest. (I hope LOL)
But sometimes i forget i already have countless...hours..days... weeks... months of research and staring at this model done, the past years.

Last edited:

Dimitri-Ajith

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A little update:

3D Printing status:

IMG_6337.jpg

And a start on the glueing of parts on the mandible sidewall.
Hope it gives me the final pointers for the plating on this side of the mandible....

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
GREAT update -- thanks for the pictures!

I swear that top photo reminds me of a Fisher-Price "My First Millennium Falcon" kind of toy for toddlers.

But that bottom picture, with the greeblies, is amazing at how quickly she transforms into the real ship.

Also, can I ask? Are you making your own special modifications along the way, or is your build pure canon? If so, what are the three little pipes coming off the front of the triangular Saladin box on the lower port sidewall?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.