Analytical bitch (borderlands 2)

typeomega

this is my Analytical bitch from borderlands 2. this build is almost internally made of recycled foam board. its still only about half done right now, nothing but the handle is glued together the rest is just push pined as place holders. this is my first project im posting here so feedback is appreciated. thanks for taking a look.
Analytical_Bitch_lvl_61.pngIMG_20150226_122008.jpg
IMG_20150226_122036.jpgIMG_20150226_122200.jpgIMG_20150226_121932.jpg

finally someone is making one. The Bitch is by far my favorite weapon on BL. My model of choice was cutting edge bitch but pretty much social, analytical, cutting edge.....didn't really matter. they are all awesome. nice work as it looks great so far. Hats off to you for making my favorite borderlands weapon.

the bitch is my favorite gun in the game as well. the one thing im kind of sad about is i wanted to have the magazine top-load in using magnates p90 style like in game but the accessory rail and rear sight dont give the clearance needed without cutting the accessory rail size down. it leaves me at the crossroads of having a accurate replica or cool functionality. kind of a bummer. if i was playing as zero i would def go with the cutting edge version. but i play as a commando and my second slot is always the maliwan eviscerating thunder-ball fist (witch might be my next build) so i use it if i need melee attacks.

I like the recycled material angle on this build. Good to see some materials finding a new purpose. I have to say the slight greebly-ness of the tactical rail really fits with the design, whether that was intentional or not. Looking forward to seeing this shape up!

-K

did some more work on this one some sanding and getting the "heat shrouds" right. im thinking of tearing it down and mocking up patterns for this as a pdf. so anyone can download and build one. then slap on some milliput sand it down and paint it up.

20150319_204243.jpg20150319_204328.jpg

Like said before, The recycled material idea is really cool. I am not sure if I understand the problem you are having with the mag drop, This was the reference image I used 2014-09-01_00029.jpg
Then just cut the channel a little longer to incorporate the accessory rail.

Overall, this is looking beautiful!

i did not realize the front rail was on a hinge. though i was thinking of adding one anyway and putting the magazine on some magnets to lock into place. it seems like a bad idea to have moving parts as part of the front rail as loss of accuracy would result, though its just extra flavor in for the most accurate smg in the game. i still have to make the "analyzer" for the right heat shroud.(i noticed yours did not have one yet either ;)). when looking at the model in game it seems there is some whacky geometry going on under the heat shrouds anyway. one of the reasons im going to make templates for this as alot of the parts on most the borderlands weps have smiler parts the Hyperion transmurder is just a bitch without the heat shrouds and the gold and black paint schemes

I don't think adding a hinge or moving parts to the rail is going to cause any innacuracy, its exactly how the gun works, just look at it as improving the game model. And what do you mean by the "analyzer"? Have a reference pic?

Last edited:
when i said inaccuracy i dient mean in the way the prop looks, i meant in real life a rifle designer would not have a moving front rail as it would reduce the accuracy of the weapon over time when firing down range. i did find this when looking around
reload.jpg
and the analizer is the extra bit on the right heat shroud of the Analytical bitch. its not on any of the other bitch rifles like the corporate or rightsizing
Analytical_Bitch_lvl_analizer.jpg

Alright, I understand now. And that is a fantastic reference picture, wish I had that. I've also always though that piece was the element modifier. Haven't really checked across different element bitches.

this is my answer to the front rail hinge
IMG_20150324_154852.jpgIMG_20150324_154931.jpgIMG_20150324_154949.jpgIMG_20150324_155235.jpgIMG_20150324_155301.jpg
i really dident want to go to the hardware store to buy a single hing so i went to the junk drawer instead. no hinges but i did find some skewers so i grabbed them and Mark Watney-ed this together. and threw on some magnets the keep it from flapping about when closed.

There you go!! That looks excellent! The only difference between yours and mine is that you used a skewer and i used a brass rod haha, did the exact same thing.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back