Anakin Skywalker light saber

thesyfyguy

Help, looking for specs on his first light saber. Trying to build one from scratch with extra special effects for cos play this fall. :)

Just to be clear, you DO mean THIS saber, right?
31m38nF1DRL.jpg

The Dark Side had a geocities site with a nice blueprint way back in like 2003. I can't find the Anakin AOTC online anymore but maybe that info will help you in your search, or someone here has it saved.

I think it shouldn't be that different from an MPP Darth Vader saber. It is machined, the color, and the slots are a little bit different, the grips smaller. But I think the intention was to create a saber that looks nearly similar to the Vader saber.

The only bluprint I can find is this one:

blueprint aotc anakin lightsaber.JPG

No measurements though, I'm sorry.
Maybe you could say it is 11" long and measure/calculate the other parts regarding to this blueprint.

I think it was supposed to be really similar to the Vader saber, only lighter, and probably some things were changed a little sleaker for the sake of being a little prettier in the movie.
Just like his ROTS saber has major differences than the ANH saber even though it's supposed to be the same.

If I remember correctly, the design was based off of the picture of the Icons Vader from the Visual Dictionary. You can even see how the reflections and shadows in the chrome contributed to the slot in the side of the Anakin lightsaber.

Attachments

• Vader VD Lightsaber.jpg
    Vader VD Lightsaber.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 721
A decade or so ago, someone here got access to get over the Anakin AOTC lightsaber with calipers at an exhibition... I'm sorry I don't remember who it was.
These pictures with measurements were posted then and have been reposted a few times throughout the years:

Anakin_specs04.jpgRevised_Anakin_specs02.jpgRevised_Anakin_specs03.jpgRevised_Ani_specs.jpg

I once built a hybrid of the Anakin AOTC and the Anakin ROTS/Skywalker saber. I got aluminium tubes in dimensions where the inner diameter of the larger tube fit the outer diameter of a smaller tube. I did it all by hand and with a Dremel. The tubes did not fit perfectly so I sometimes put the larger tube part in the oven and the smaller in the freezer and hammered them together with force. :)
I made the black plastic part on the emitter shroud from black Sculpey.

You can find various lightsaber parts such as black T-track, LEDs, LED holders, blade parts, thumbscrews etc over at TheCustomSaberShop.com.

Last edited:
Just FYI, while they may have copied the look of Vader's ANH saber based off the Icons replica in the Visual Dictionary, they definitely didn't use the dimensions. If you try to make an AOTC Anakin saber off an MPP or Heiland, it will be way too big.

Thank you your a "light saber" LOL. I will use that for my design. How ever this one will be a stunt saber not one that is machined. I plan on making a clay mold and cast it out of liquid plastic. I want to add a strip of metal to the inside of it so I can use an electromagnetic to bring it to my hand. Also I wish to incorporate a mini vacuum motor that I can inflate and deflate the blade. Instead of screwing a long glass tube to the end of it. going for the realism look when it is turned on. Sound effects included. Just needed the measurement so I can sculpt it out of clay before casting it.

I was very happy that THIS saber and the Obi TPM really showed prior stages of evolution of OT sabers. This fleeting feeling quickly went downhill seeing the Ep.3 sabers :lol

Thank you Darth lar and the rest of you for your help. Here is an update on my project. Thanks to all of your help I was able to make a 3d print of the light saber I was looking for. Now getting ready to paint the outside and finish up on the circuitry for the inside.IMG_0809.JPGIMG_0811.JPGIMG_0808.JPGHere is just a few photos of the progress. now working on stack-able SMT Boards that will run the lights sound and fan motor. also working on a way to use and electromagnet to drawl the saber to my hand.

Actually, those are my measurements that I came up with from scaling many pictures. Not 100% but pretty good considering I'd never seen the actual saber.

Here's a resin casting of what my measurements look like:

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here's the scratch built master I used to make the mold, compared to an MR Anakin(bottom) :

attachment.php

attachment.php

A decade or so ago, someone here got access to get over the Anakin AOTC lightsaber with calipers at an exhibition... I'm sorry I don't remember who it was.
These pictures with measurements were posted then and have been reposted a few times throughout the years:

View attachment 489979View attachment 489980View attachment 489981View attachment 489982

I once built a hybrid of the Anakin AOTC and the Anakin ROTS/Skywalker saber. I got aluminium tubes in dimensions where the inner diameter of the larger tube fit the outer diameter of a smaller tube. I did it all by hand and with a Dremel. The tubes did not fit perfectly so I sometimes put the larger tube part in the oven and the smaller in the freezer and hammered them together with force. :)
I made the black plastic part on the emitter shroud from black Sculpey.

You can find various lightsaber parts such as black T-track, LEDs, LED holders, blade parts, thumbscrews etc over at TheCustomSaberShop.com.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back