AMT Slave One WIP

Thank you guys very much for the kind words. :thumbsup

I'm going to look at some coke bottles and consider using the broken canopy as a plug for heat pressing. I'm sure something will work out. I also have more pictures to upload but have been a little busy the last couple of nights.

Thanks again guys!

Any luck yet bro? Would love to hear word!

Hi guys. I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy at nights and just haven't had a chance to post any work. I too tend to stay in the General Modeling portion of this forum since it's my primary interest. I would also love to see a styrene kit of the Sand Crawler. I've been seriously thinking of scratch building one for a couple of years now but those treads are what's keeping me from doing it.

Thanks again for all the help regarding the canopy. I haven't done anything about that yet but once I put my gloves on, I'll get my groove on. :lol

Finally some photos. First I attached the other part of the bottom and used some spare metal rods to keep the tension in place while it dries.

100_5314_zps63f51f86.jpg

100_5315_zpsb0878ae2.jpg

And here's the finished Slave 1 minus the windshield. :rolleyes These first three shot are done with different lighting just to see how the colors look.

100_5724_zpsfe92fa63.jpg

100_5725_zpsd5857eff.jpg

100_5726_zps1aad173e.jpg

And some shots with the lights on!

100_5729_zpsbfa3436b.jpg

100_5730_zps1b0991d5.jpg

100_5734_zpsa7bd8f86.jpg

100_5732_zps47989249.jpg

100_5735_zps07d9052e.jpg

100_5736_zps7fe8ba4e.jpg

100_5737_zps1ef58124.jpg

100_5738_zps9eae1f8c.jpg

100_5739_zpse4892cb5.jpg

100_5741_zpsacc47645.jpg

100_5743_zps1d00cc8d.jpg

100_5746_zpsf7e8737e.jpg

100_5747_zps66fb44c9.jpg

100_5745_zps7e8792b2.jpg

Some day I plan on building the base/diorama of docking bay 94 with Jaba and his crew waiting for Boba to unload Captain Solo from the cargo hold.

Thanks for looking. :thumbsup

Awesome work bud. I remember building that same model as a after ESB...so thanks for the walk down memory lane. :)
This looks like a filming model....I tip my hat to you sir.

David

Bro... this looks totally awesome. Your work on the interior is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure once you get the windshield sorted out, it'll be something that you'll be proud to display! I know I would be!

...Just as long as you stay away from my brains we've got no probs! :)
Mmmmm, brains... Uh, I mean, no problem! :D

Back to the main topic, incredible work Randy! Looking at some of your photos it's hard to believe this is the AMT kit. And the internal lighting you used is perfect for the scale--light enough to see the extra work you've put into it without being overly bright. Brilliant!

Thank you all very much for the kind words, support and all the help along the way. If I had tried to build this a few years ago, I would have just built it straight out of the box and not notice the inaccuracies. Because of this forum and all the talent here, I’ve learned a lot and it has motivated me to push myself and try things I’ve never done before. Again, thank you all very, very much!

Randy I so wanted to see this moment come threw!!! You are the man!! Awesome.....This an example of what our Slave 1 kits should've look like. My fine molds is still sitting for work? CHEERS TO YOU RANDY!!!!

Thank you Katsu-san, division 6 and METALLBOY. Also, thanks again to LrdSatyr8 for pointing out that I had missed the panel lines on the lower boarding ramp. I'm glad I could get that taken care of before the entire build was complete.

I hope you get the windshield problem sorted out bro... now that I've finished R2/3PO I'll be starting on a whole new project soon for the BSC over at SMA. Glad to have contributed to such a great build!

Thank you LrdSatyr8 and DS Op. I wanted to do something different than lighting the engines and cockpit. I also didn't like the stand that comes with the kit so I started thinking of different ways to display this thing. I also wanted to use the mini HIC so this seemed like the best way to go.

Yeah... that was one of the cool things about this kit... the HIC wasn't perfect but it was really cool! :) Still don't know why they molded it in clear plastic! Didn't need to be at all!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back