Amazing Spiderman Build (Taylor McManus)

My main concern right now is the giggle berries.
In the past in all my other suits I wear a cup but it makes me look like a Ken Doll. My #1 pet peeve of all time is dudes wearing suits and you can see the outline of their.....weakness?
Any suggestions?

I used to wear a cup, but it was uncomfortable and did have that "weird" look you mention. Now, I wear an athletic supporter (jock strap) with a pair of Underarmour compression shorts over it.... works for me, but might not work for others.... people are various shapes and sizes!

The suits all coming together!
Wanted to include some sweet day time shots.
Thanks again everyone out there for building, designing, and getting my toys in hand.
My shooters yet to have lights in them. But they will once my noodle can figure squeezing the battery in there.
Using magnets to put the shooters on the suit. No glue. Just HULK powered Rare Earth Magnets. These fools want to come together like butt cheeks.
I am talking like a foot and a half apart. I have a bruise from getting pinched. :confused
This way I dont have to worry about taring or stretching out a hole.

Last edited:
My Asic's Dirt Dog 3's.
Going to spray some kind of clear gloss on them.
Maybe just some normal shoe waterproof/weatherproof spray?

And my pride and joy.
I love these lenses. So pretty.
These are the joelai009 first run lenses.
ERMAHGERD I love them.
Lenses make or break the suit me thinks.

You will deserve an award if youre able to puff paint both. Ive been doing it to taloyrs suit and it is the most tedious thing I have ever done. It does make it look so much better though.

Haha.
I can only imagine.
I have been practicing on a kids Spiderman Suit I bought.
I am going to use the special Puff Bottles and actual Needle syringes.

The suits all coming together!
Wanted to include some sweet day time shots.
Thanks again everyone out there for building, designing, and getting my toys in hand.
My shooters yet to have lights in them. But they will once my noodle can figure squeezing the battery in there.
Using magnets to put the shooters on the suit. No glue. Just HULK powered Rare Earth Magnets. These fools wont to come together like butt cheeks.
I am talking like a foot and a half apart. I have a bruise from getting pinched. :confused
This way I dont have to worry about taring or stretching out a hole.

How did you make the red center part?

Comfort wise no idea just yet. From reading what you were saying about the stretch yours may be more breathable.
I need to go trolling in previous posts to see what people were saying about wearing under armor underneath to prevent skin being shown?
I could use a little squeeze by the gut.
In this regard of wearing something underneath DGP's may feel better.
My main concern right now is the giggle berries.
In the past in all my other suits I wear a cup but it makes me look like a Ken Doll. My #1 pet peeve of all time is dudes wearing suits and you can see the outline of their.....weakness?
Any suggestions?

Always wear a undersuit. Another undersuit can help you avoid that. Wearing a cup will make it even bigger. Another option duct tape, but you don't want to go with that lol. Just kidding. I saw some member were mentioning dance belt for ballet. You may check it out. I have been wearing those power ranger costumes, and I always wear a undersuit, and it is easier to get in and out of the suit, and keeping it clear from the sweat. Hope that helps.:lol By the way, just want to share the puffy paint applying. Remember this put the tip on the spot you want. Squeeze and pull. Don't try to do circle. Do it one direction. The finished line will be better.

Last edited:
Always wear a undersuit. Another undersuit can help you avoid that. Wearing a cup will make it even bigger. Another option duct tape, but you don't want to go with that lol. Just kidding. I saw some member were mentioning dance belt for ballet. You may check it out. I have been wearing those power ranger costumes, and I always wear a undersuit, and it is easier to get in and out of the suit, and keeping it clear from the sweat. Hope that helps.:lol By the way, just want to share the puffy paint applying. Remember this put the tip on the spot you want. Squeeze and pull. Don't try to do circle. Do it one direction. The finished line will be better.

Thanks for the Puffy Paint tip.
What color under armor? Black or white?

Thanks for this thread, I plan on purchasing from DGP and this only sealed the deal! Also the other comments such as what lenses you bought was helpful as well!

Merc, I'm excited to see how you tackle two suits. I just started myself, obviously, and the paint is great, and adds a new dimension obviously, but man its tedious.

I do like the difference in both your suits, its going to look interesting next to each other. Looking forward to it!

I'm looking into starting a Spider-Man suit, so I appreciate your write up and comparisons of the different suits.

I have a question about the puff paints. Do you apply it before sewing the patterns together? Also, if the paints are on a stretchable material, do they crack or break off?

Thanks, and looking forward to watching your progress.

I'm looking into starting a Spider-Man suit, so I appreciate your write up and comparisons of the different suits.

I have a question about the puff paints. Do you apply it before sewing the patterns together? Also, if the paints are on a stretchable material, do they crack or break off?

I'm not the OP, but here's what I've gathered from other threads.

Some people have done the paint after it's been sewn together, and others before. From what I can tell, those who have done it after the sewing have put it on a mannequin to make sure it's slightly pre stretched to avoid the cracking of the paint. Those who do it before slightly stretch the material and hold it in place, then do the painting. Of course, the puff paint isn't 100% full proof, and I've yet to hear about how it hold up to a wash, but it seems to be doing well so far.

Very nice thread MercyFlush! I am looking forward to see your progress in both prints! Best of luck!

I'm not the OP, but here's what I've gathered from other threads.

Some people have done the paint after it's been sewn together, and others before. From what I can tell, those who have done it after the sewing have put it on a mannequin to make sure it's slightly pre stretched to avoid the cracking of the paint. Those who do it before slightly stretch the material and hold it in place, then do the painting. Of course, the puff paint isn't 100% full proof, and I've yet to hear about how it hold up to a wash, but it seems to be doing well so far.

It can be washed after 72 hours. It is said on the bottle. And wearing a black undersuit is better than other colors.

I would say the easiest way it to apply the Puffy before sewing.
I want this suit finished quickly so I may get it sewn first then apply the Puffy which is a little harder. I leaving room on the edges to not clog up a sewing machine.
Snapping, cracking, not really a issue.
What is a issue is if you lay something heavy on the Puffy and flatting it.
.....which I have done......

I would say the easiest way it to apply the Puffy before sewing.
I want this suit finished quickly so I may get it sewn first then apply the Puffy which is a little harder. I leaving room on the edges to not clog up a sewing machine.
Snapping, cracking, not really a issue.
What is a issue is if you lay something heavy on the Puffy and flatting it.
.....which I have done......

Are you applying it to Pauls print while it was "stretched"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back