Alyx Combine grunt helmet buildthread [WIP]

It's now kind of done. I still have to work on the instructions for the file package that I will sell on my Etsy-store but otherwise, yeah, the build is done. (Not considering that I later plan to add a voice hacker shield to the arduino that lowers the pitch in realtime. I've yet to recieve that so that just has to wait.)

I'm proud of the way this came out, Really fun build with the different techniques working with textile and some electronics. I'll leave some pictures for now, and I know, I really do need to get me a better camera and someplace to photograph other than my our livingroom. In due time perhaps.

Most of the work has been plain sanding and painting. Last piece to be finished was actually the collar:

Otherwise I had to figure out a position for the battery(9V) and where to put the Arduino. I landed on putting the battery into the big Side-filter and and the Arduino I fixed onto the upper front filter. There is also space to add a fan underneath that probably would be a good idea if I ever were to walk around in this thing at a con. I have no such plans at the moment though so I skipped that for now.

Since the only model I had available was myself, this here is me wearing it(I do not dare ask my wife, she has to put up with enough anyway because of my drive to build stuff)

I looks as real as it can get. Amazing job.

Just an FYI, you can get aqua (Cyan) colored ultra bright 5mm LEDs. (Unless the purple cast is from the camera)
I'll have to look into that, At the moment I have blue 3mm LED's, basically because that's what I had at home ;) I should update it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back