Aluminum Tape Question

NegaMatt

I have a Master Sword from a convention made from foam, I intend to shoot a video using it but it doesn't hold a shine that a real blade does. So my question is after seeing a video where Adam Savage covered a wood sword with aluminum tape I was curious. Would the Aluminum tape hold on the foam blade?

It would, but not well, of course. You would have to tape the tape over itself. Also, no rough handling. Just like the Toy Story 2 clip "He's for display only. You play too much with it, it he ain't gonna last." (Or something like that)

TazMan2000

It depends on what you call foam; There is Styrofoam, upholstery foam and many more. If it is ridged, the use of alloy tape is no problem. But if it is too floppy, you may have to use a stiffener on the blade, like running a wire down its length then applying the tape. But this works for display props, not so well for action props

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what you call foam; There is Styrofoam, upholstery foam and many more. If it is ridged, the use of alloy tape is no problem. But if it is too floppy, you may have to use a stiffener on the blade, like running a wire down its length then applying the tape. But this works for display props, not so well for action props

This is the sword in question

http://www.amazon.com/Zelda-Master-...=1437432019&sr=8-1&keywords=master+sword+foam

- - - Updated - - -

Its going to be in the pedestal the whole time, just need it to look better.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K . then there should not be a problem
But you will have to do some overlapping of tape on the top of the blade around the hilt to get total coverage.
Look forward to seeing the end product :)
cheers
Gary

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back