Aluminum Aliens Colonial Marine Armor (Build documented with Video)

bigbisont

4 years ago I built an aluminum/steel combo USCM armor set. Eventually I had to sell it along with a bunch of other stuff when I had the chance to get a true Terry English set. A few years later, I am now gun-shy about dragging the TE set around. I feel like I need an alternate "beater set" of armor if I should ever decide to wear it around, so I decided to tackle the metal armor project again.

This time I decided to document the entire build on video instead of pictures though! Please check out my you tube page for all the details you could ask for at "BigBisonT Props". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g3ljccVpfY2uUTOaunxvw?view_as=subscriber

It is made entirely of aluminum this time (no steel or welding). I am also using only a vice, a hammer, an anvil and various improvised 'stakes'. Nothing fancy (which for better or worse sometimes shows!) Anyways, this is where I am at so far... the documentation will continue until it is finished though! (and also probably handy for any kind of aluminum working, not just aliens).

20200221_201326.jpg

Pretty much done with this one. I just posted video #15 in the series ("Final Paint, weathering and trim").
The 10 week journey from old school aluminum sleds into colonial marine armor is just about complete!
20200119_160709.jpg
20200413_193502.jpg

20200413_193508.jpg
20200413_193543.jpg

For details on how it was done, check out the youtube page (BigBisonT Props).
I plan to do all my builds on video now, so subscribe if this sorta thing interests you.

Wow, very nice work. Subscribed to your YouTube channel. Need to start watching all the videos.
Cheers,
Kevin

I just finished watching your series and it was awesome. I'm going to try to find some aluminum sleds and make my own set now as it didn't look too difficult and I have metal working experience.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back