Almost done: Apogee Antique Viper master pattern

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Making a pattern for someone, of the original (and I think more interesting) Antique Viper, as built by Apogee. I love how the fuselage sits "in" the wing, lower than the engines!

compare.jpg

photo-10.jpg

According to everyone you ask, this model walked off the set before it could be filmed, which is why the Universal Hartland guys had to make the one you have seen at auction. Items in RED I have IDed already - I'd love any help to ID the rest!

Apogee005.jpg

Apogee005a.jpg

Apogee006a.jpg

Last edited:
Re: ID help - Apogee Antique Viper

The part that looks like it's from the leopold looks a little like part#A 33 from Tamiya Panzer III?

Dave

The part that looks like it's from the leopold looks a little like part#A 33 from Tamiya Panzer III?

Dave

Oooo I will check when I get home - sweet!

Hoping the bit on the end of the wing is from the Harrier, or something in-my-house as well, :)

Could that small strip with the holes behind the part that looks like it's from the Leopold be part#B 35 from the Leopold?

The more I look at it I don't think it's the Panzer part.It's close in shape but has only 3 holes & in your picture it looks like it may have 4?

Dave

Heya Jamie, yep - got that suggestion from a great IDer this evening as well... will dig into that kit tomorrow - thanks!

I knew I recognized a few of those parts - around the engine end of things....

Only been on this for a few days, so I'm feeling pretty good :)

Hey Jason cool stuff! How did you get the shape of the hull
your holding in your hand? Did you wrap plastic around stations
inside? Or is that resin hard to tell.........:lol

It's being built off a no-shrink casting from Mike Salzo's "size and detail corrected" Viper. It's effing amazing work - his new Viper on it's own is ideal!

Yep! And the "shield" is from the Leo/Karl - I always snip from them, and then forget which one I grabbed. LOL!

Thanks! Got it - the Quad Gun/25 Pdr is a bonanza for this build! I'll update parts maps tomorrow!

All those voids in the wings were filled with Apoxie Sculpt, too.. when I glued down the top wing styrene, I smushed out the excess Apoxie Stuff... so the wing is now a heavy solid HUNK that won't deform in the mold.

DEVIL HORNS!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back