Question Allowed to post images? (answered)

whitehammer

Hello!

This is my first post so if its in the wrong place I apologise!
I'm a new member, and have been enjoying reading the paper props section.
Ive read a thread in which another member has requested images of prop money used in Dr Who. I've got high res scans of my screen used notes but
am unsure if I'm allowed to post them as they are not my artwork, much lower res images are available to download from the BBC website so is it OK to stick them in the thread? or should I make a new one? or not post them? I wouldn't post any other persons work without permission and credit anyway, (I hate it when I see mine like that.) but wonder if its permissable in this case?
again sorry if this is the wrong place.
Thanks,
John.

You are more than welcome to post them in the thread in question or in a new thread, totally up to you.

Unless you take credit for work that isn't yours, there shouldn't be a problem with it. You can even add a little "will remove if requested".

For the most part, unless you were asked not to share there are generally no reason not to.

Oh... and welcome! :cheers

I, too, am new and appreciated this question and answer. I am here mostly to buy. I see that I can only do that in The Junkyard after making 20 posts. For only one reason, this bothers me. I am happy to wait 45 days, but am concerned about the 20 posts. I'm pretty sure that I've nothing to say of interest to anyone that I would need 20 posts to do it! MUST I bore you all to the tune of 20 posts before I can make any transactions?

I guess you have this requirement so you can get to know people to be sure they're not creeps of some sort. Maybe there should be a thread for newbies to fill this requirement? I was looking for one, but haven't found it yet.

Does this post count as number 1?

I, too, am new and appreciated this question and answer. I am here mostly to buy. I see that I can only do that in The Junkyard after making 20 posts. For only one reason, this bothers me. I am happy to wait 45 days, but am concerned about the 20 posts. I'm pretty sure that I've nothing to say of interest to anyone that I would need 20 posts to do it! MUST I bore you all to the tune of 20 posts before I can make any transactions?

I guess you have this requirement so you can get to know people to be sure they're not creeps of some sort. Maybe there should be a thread for newbies to fill this requirement? I was looking for one, but haven't found it yet.

Does this post count as number 1?

Yes but you should participate more as you feel comfortable. You would be surprised on what you could learn if you ask and you might also have info on certain props that someone else might not know. This site is about Props not about buying and selling even though we have a forum for that purpose. I have an issue with the idea of only wanting to join this site just to buy and sell as that is not our primary purpose. Do we really want the people outside our forum just looking at this place as a prop marketplace? I would ask you that you try to participate more, even if just as a collector, as we have many of those hobbyists here. It will increase your joy of this place and your own collecting in the long run.

Yes but you should participate more as you feel comfortable. You would be surprised on what you could learn if you ask and you might also have info on certain props that someone else might not know. This site is about Props not about buying and selling even though we have a forum for that purpose. I have an issue with the idea of only wanting to join this site just to buy and sell as that is not our primary purpose. Do we really want the people outside our forum just looking at this place as a prop marketplace? I would ask you that you try to participate more, even if just as a collector, as we have many of those hobbyists here. It will increase your joy of this place and your own collecting in the long run.
Thanks Mercury, you hit the nail right on the head. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back