All things Tron Legacy

Putting a call out to anyone who might still be subscribed to this thread. Looking to buy tron deluxe identity discs. Send me a message if you have one your willing to let go.

HA!..

I was just going to post.. good luck getting them before Soulinertia does!

And then I looked (and it was you with a new avatar that I didnt catch!) HA!

Sorry guys. How about this though from one of Tron Legacy producers from 3 months ago. It's not much, but at least it's something :):

"Look, I will never stop being interested in making a TRONmovie. I love the opportunity to do it. It’s a title that never really goes away internally. There’s always people around the company who like it a whole lot. And so, we’ll see what happens. It would be great to get the opportunity to do it again. It’s interesting – what I will say is that I think it continues to be relevant both in its ideas and also just the visual iconography of it. I think people are still are interested in it and it still feels contemporary to me. So it’s just about finding the right time, right script, and the right people at the studio saying ‘yes.’ You know, just the usual."

Sorry guys. How about this though from one of Tron Legacy producers from 3 months ago. It's not much, but at least it's something :):

"Look, I will never stop being interested in making a TRONmovie. I love the opportunity to do it. It’s a title that never really goes away internally. There’s always people around the company who like it a whole lot. And so, we’ll see what happens. It would be great to get the opportunity to do it again. It’s interesting – what I will say is that I think it continues to be relevant both in its ideas and also just the visual iconography of it. I think people are still are interested in it and it still feels contemporary to me. So it’s just about finding the right time, right script, and the right people at the studio saying ‘yes.’ You know, just the usual."

As much as I would love another TRON film, the fact is that Bruce Boxleitner has officially tapped out. No point in having a TRON film without TRON being in it. Bruce Boxleitner on Tron 3: "I’ve Moved On"

Didn't think he added much to the last one.
Problem is it was a set-up to a follow-on that didn't happen. And what's baffling is why the next installment evaporated. Legacy cost $170M to make and made back $400M. That's not Avatar levels of return-on-investment, but it more than doubled its budget, which in Hollywoodland practically guarantees a sequel these days. And one was in the works until Disney utterly randomly pulled the plug.

No Tron didn't have a lot to do in Legacy. But seeing him reboot at the end, having Alan the new Encom Senior Exec, even bringing Ram back into the story (assuming everyone here has seen the "The Next Day" short) to help get Encom back on the right track... They had a lot of notions as to where they wanted to go from where we left Sam and Quora and Alan and Roy, and you can bet Tron and Flynn would've been heavily involved.

If they care. .they wont wait another million years for another movie.

TRON was an amazing movie to me as a kid.. so much so.. I carried the 'love' for it into my adult hood.

I of course saw LEGACY.. but how m any young people saw/understood it (as it should have been)

I didnt hate LEGACY.. but IMHO.. knowing the OG movie was pretty crucial....(not to enjoy it.. but to understand it better)

Jeff Bridges doesnt have another 20 years....

I hope it doesnt die... but I really dont want junk put out either..

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back