All things Tron Legacy

Re: Official all things Tron Legacy thread

Hmmmm, I wonder what program this is . . .

Security perhaps

Yep! The gaurds. :)

And to the "CGI orgy" comment... There are probably more practical effects in this movie than the original! (seeing as it was all animation) You should know that the guy who made the discs is a member here. They not only lit up on there own... they were thrown against a brick wall repeatedly. Meaning that they are filming guys throwing discs that glow. Not all CGI. The suits light up too! The originals were black and white spandex... the colors were added later! You really couldn't be more wrong. :angel

They are doing lots of things in practical effects and making them LOOK like CGI! Of course there WILL be CGI but there are alot of REAL suits sets and lights. Check around the net there are pics of the REAL WORLD sets and suits lit up next to the director etc.

I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Tron gaming peripherals soothe your nostalgia with calming blue light (video) -- Engadget

6-23-10-tronkeyboardrazer.jpg

More computer drawn, than CGI. It wasn't by any means rendered to film like today's stuff. Computer generated cells, animated by traditional means at the time.

More computer drawn, than CGI. It wasn't by any means rendered to film like today's stuff. Computer generated cells, animated by traditional means at the time.

For sure. It was such a "CGI orgy" that they used tradition methods just to make it LOOK like CG. Most of the movie is flippin' matte paintings made to look like they've been rendered.

I guess I really just don't get all the CG hate. Hate a bad story, not an overused tool. Tron had a great story, and we'll see if Legacy does as well.

For sure. It was such a "CGI orgy" that they used tradition methods just to make it LOOK like CG. Most of the movie is flippin' matte paintings made to look like they've been rendered.

I guess I really just don't get all the CG hate. Hate a bad story, not an overused tool. Tron had a great story, and we'll see if Legacy does as well.
I have no real problem with CGI, it's the overuse of it, it's the corporations that always sacrifice content for dollar signs.

The amount of hand-made work was astounding on the original Tron, they were using backlit animation and still rotoscoping, there was only about 15 minutes of "CGI" in the whole movie, everything else was done by the hands of talented, resourceful and dedicated human beings.

The new one will just be another slick, over-glossed, computer program.
No originality, just a sensory overload of effects to give the impression that what you just saw was impressive and worth the price of a ticket.

The insatiable appetite of instant gratification has ruined the artform of true animation...infuriating! :angry

These new CGI orgies are like McDonalds, it only gives you the impression that you actually ate real food.

Sorry, but that kind of over-reacting is just as bad as the over use of CGI.

Hollywood has always been resplendent with crappy movies, done solely for profit, hardly worth the film they're printed on. We notice more because of media. That's all.

By walking into a theater with that kind of bias, you're bound to hate anything on the screen.

Great movies are always few and far between.

I'm not over-reacting I'm just voicing my opinion about something I respect and love.

I have absolutely no respect for these new CGI fests....what's there to respect?

It's just like these digital paintings...what's there... pre-programmed effects ?

It's not bias, I really tried to like these movies, there's just nothing there.

At first it was really impressive, but now that's all it is, now it's just...meh. :unsure

I'm not over-reacting I'm just voicing my opinion about something I respect and love.

I have absolutely no respect for these new CGI fests....what's there to respect?

It's just like these digital paintings...what's there... pre-programmed effects ?

It's not bias, I really tried to like these movies, there's just nothing there.

At first it was really impressive, but now that's all it is, now it's just...meh. :unsure

Nox do you even know what it takes to create the meshes and effects that you see up on the screen? I don't mean just watching a docu showing the "Making of...." I mean really sitting down in front of a computer and creating the pieces from scratch, putting a texture on it, animating it, and then adding whatever effects on the object that are needed?

Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of a physical model over a digital version overall (although the gap between the real and the digital pieces has gotten very narrow), but I won't say the digital pieces are empty.

Nox do you even know what it takes to create the meshes and effects that you see up on the screen? I don't mean just watching a docu showing the "Making of...." I mean really sitting down in front of a computer and creating the pieces from scratch, putting a texture on it, animating it, and then adding whatever effects on the object that are needed?

I'm going to guess...uh...pushing alot of buttons?

As most already know, we're under license to replicate the screen used movie suits as practical, wearable motorcycle suits.

The question we keep getting is...will the suits light up?

Here's the answer in the video below. :)

YouTube - udrtron.mpg

Coming soon...very very very soon!

David

As much as I dislike the rampant use of CGI all over the movies these days, you forget one important fact:

Tron is MADE to be CGI - imagine all the coolness they can do if it's SUPPOSED to look like a computer made it! :)

As much as I dislike the rampant use of CGI all over the movies these days, you forget one important fact:

Tron is MADE to be CGI - imagine all the coolness they can do if it's SUPPOSED to look like a computer made it! :)

Logic will not be tolerated here sir! :lol

This looks pretty cool! I might like this version of tron! Not so much the old one -_-

This looks pretty cool! I might like this version of tron! Not so much the old one -_-

haven't had too many dealings with you punisher - please don't make the first time I respond to one of your posts a hateful one... :lol

I love the old one - it was fresh and original (the graphics really helped it along...the games they played in the movie made history) - the story was unique for the time.

I hope the new one is just as original... it's hard to do nowadays. I guess a lot of the stories that could have been told - have been.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back