Aliens M56 Smartgun - 3D printed

Thanks for all those positive reactions! It's time for some printed stuff in the midst of all those computer renders - I printed most of the parts for the front of the gun.
IMG_3233.jpg

This is just a quick dry fitting test (with the help of a paint pen to keep the Kawasaki hangers aligned), so far I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out. As always, post processing and sanding will take more time than the raw prints, but I'm pretty used to that process at this point.

IMG_3241.jpg

If you see a detail that's out of place or doesn't look correct, let me know. I'm all for constructive criticism.

Attachments

• IMG_3236.jpg
    IMG_3236.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3232.jpg
    IMG_3232.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
awesome work.. I just finished my M41A. Would you consider selling or trading stl files? Mine has a working bolt and trigger assembly. Also the pump action works too. Looking for electronics to give it some life.

Let me know.
m41a v1.jpgm41a v2.jpgm41a v3.jpgm41a v4.jpg

I want to apologize for the lack of updates during the past six months or so. Work and life have cut my hobby time short and I was not able to make much progress on the 3D files or on the stuff I've already printed. Now that I'm slowly getting back on track, I'll keep you posted with (hopefully) more progress pics.

Wigg77 Awesome work with that M41A, did you have to make all the data from scratch and off of reference pics or some of the available 3D models? Sale or a future trade of the files for the M56 is the goal, but I have to finish the CAD work and print everything to make sure that my design can be assembled.

Warskunk69 I'm not selling partial files at this point, but I'd be willing to print them out of material of your choice as a commission work.

Perhaps there should be a little "new member" etiquette. Introduce yourself, participate in forums, show your work. The first words here shouldn't be "gimme, gimme, gimme", nor should new members expect everyone here to share their talent and hard work for nothing. Thats akin to panhandling. There are members here that do share some of their work, and they should be commended for that but it shouldn't be an expectation.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Perhaps there should be a little "new member" etiquette. Introduce yourself, participate in forums, show your work. The first words here shouldn't be "gimme, gimme, gimme", nor should new members expect everyone here to share their talent and hard work for nothing. Thats akin to panhandling. There are members here that do share some of their work, and they should be commended for that but it shouldn't be an expectation.

TazMan2000
I apologize I wasn't meaning to be rude. I don't have any projects to share and I have no experience on these kinds of forums but am planning an airsoft version of the m56 smart gun. Czmarty's version of these parts are by far the most amazing that I've seen. I was not asking for his work for nothing, I am more than willing to pay for his amazing work. Once again I apologise if I offended anyone. It was not my intentions.

Warskunk69
I wasn't singling you out. It was just a general remark about some new members I've seen in my years I've been on this site.
New member posts usually go like this...

"Hi, I'm a big Star Wars fan. Can anybody give me the blueprints, of R2-D2 and all of the Star Wars Studio Scale ships? Oh, and I need all of the model lists for all the greeblies....Thanks!

There are no replies, and the member is never heard from again. I wonder why. :lol:

Rant over...welcome to the RPF.

TazMan2000

Very nice CZMarty !

I'd certainly be interested in your targeting camera if you ever do offer bits for sale [printed or otherwise].

Here's my "completed" Smartgun; built from all of the identified found objects + all the bits that can be metal are (still a couple of resin pieces I'm planning on replacing, one being the camera. Wanting to put a working camera inside the housing and that would be so much easier with a 3d printed model).
SG.jpg

Anyways, it looks as if your excellent model is sorted, but very happy to provide measurements if there's something you wanted to check.

I've been slowly collecting the correct stuff for years.
Then when Drake and Vasquez were coming to a local convention with like a 2 week notice, I freaked trying to find out where I could get a smartgun, armor, and arm in a hurry. Ended up making a smartgun, arm, and armor from wood in like 6 hours the night before the convention.

Attachments

• 72625712_2398854397048585_6062550508164349952_o.jpg
    72625712_2398854397048585_6062550508164349952_o.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 240
This last weekend, I did a little more work on it.
I guess you could say it's "convention safe"

Attachments

• Horrocks_Cosplay-4564-1080x720.jpg
    Horrocks_Cosplay-4564-1080x720.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 221
I've been slowly collecting the correct stuff for years.
Then when Drake and Vasquez were coming to a local convention with like a 2 week notice, I freaked trying to find out where I could get a smartgun, armor, and arm in a hurry. Ended up making a smartgun, arm, and armor from wood in like 6 hours the night before the convention.
brilliant picture, love the 'rush job' I hope they liked it too

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back