Interest Aliens - M56 Smart Gun Kit

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Seeing what interest there is for a 3D printed kit of the M56 Smart Gun from Aliens...

pGD4ohS.jpg

oSlkHWe.jpg

This replica will be full 1:1 scale with moving trigger and removable mag.

Being 3D printed, the finished replica will be relatively light-weight, so perfect for cosplay or display. Or add weight if you want it heavier. There will be holes to allow rods for added strength.

Price will be $320 per kit plus $40 shipping

Interest List
1. BuickturboV6
2. Rex Talon

Last edited:
Very in. I'm a huge Aliens fan. I was a bit disappointed in the HCG version so this would be a centerpiece of my collection, for sure.

It would be great if you could collaborate with Praetorian Blasters. Their rubber DLT-19 is based on the MG 34; so they should be able to work with the form factor of the MG 42. A rubber M56 would be manageable to carry, durable if dropped, and safe to swing swing around.

For casting rubber, you have the benefit of being able to optimize your model parts for mold making in sections. Even have little standoffs to center internal fiberglass rods. Whereas using a replica made from real parts could present too many undercuts, and might have to be molded from as a complete unit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back