Aliens M240 Incinerator

Almost finished the front cowl. Painted it up to resemble cast iron and milled up some brass and copper for the pilot light. Need to mill up the internal front mixer and then give it a good buff.
20210419_154021.jpg

20210421_185720.jpg

20210421_185647.jpg

IMG_20210421_190240_289.jpg

The miniature alien queen that got built for the battle with the power loader was equally bad. Bendy wire skeleton (I think. That was a long time ago) with foam latex skin on the outside. It had so much mold flashing that every single seam was visible. But somehow you never see it on screen.
And the Barbie. Oh man don't get me started on the Barbie.
Modern movie props are much higher quality.
Your flamethrower is looking mighty good, paulsboutique

I work in film/tv now! they aren't much better unless they are hero props for a closeup! Just smear oil and mud on it, get the hazer going and backlight it and anything looks good slightly out of focus!

If someone was really brave you could build in the parts of a super soaker on the inside! just for water not flammable fluids of course. Also maybe paint it bright colours if you are going to play with your kids in the park

Will you ever sell or make the 3d files avalible? Would love to go full aliens and strap this to my live fire pulse rifle when it's done.

Knocked up a controller board for the build and sent it off to JCLPCB. In my haste i screwed the logic up and i also felt it just didn't look right to what i had in my head. V1 board mounted ...

20210622_182029.jpg

V2 board finished and I think it looks much better. Made the traces larger and chucked on an Arduino.

20210705_122901.jpg

20210705_122925.jpg

I wanted the pipe to look warn and oxidized, so I've beaten it up a bit, then put it on the buff. To get that real oxidized look I have mixed up a solution of vinegar and salt and am currently leaving it for few days

20210705_181028.jpg

Ageing nicely :)

20210706_180842.jpg

awesome, what does your board do? lights and sound?
Yes the board has a led on the other side for the fuel guage thats activated by a push button. im not using anything else as its only a static build. But the board does take analog and digital imputs for the arduino and also has a lm386 sound chip on it that can output to a speaker, so its more of a general purpose board that ill use for other projects

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back