20210330_072422.jpg

20210330_072431.jpg

20210330_072318.jpg

Attachments

• 20210330_072412.jpg
    20210330_072412.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of this weapon when I saw it in the movie and subsequently in real life, but you've changed my mind. Your choice of printing it in colour really makes it pop.

TazMan2000

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of this weapon when I saw it in the movie and subsequently in real life, but you've changed my mind. Your choice of printing it in colour really makes it pop.

TazMan2000
I have to agree, compared to the pulse rifle and m56 it just seemed rushed. The pla+ is an olive green from 3dfillies in aus, its fast becoming my favorite colour to print with. They also have a desert sand brown which looks awesome, ive done a pulse shroud shroud in it and nearly didnt want to paint it.

Really great work at putting that weapon together (y) As others have said; I wasn't a fan of that weapon either, but you've managed to elicit praises for it because of the work you've put into that project from the beginning. (y)(y):cool::cool:

The real props look terrible. I know they are only going to be seen online for seconds at a time, but geez. I like paulsboutique design better, since it can be admired at length. If the prop makers for the movie had time (and money), they would have done it properly. But budget always plays a part.

TazMan2000
It could be they looked a lot better for the actual production. By the time they pop up on auction or whatever they'd seen a fair degree of usage. But it's also true that they mostly got seen in near dark with a ton of other "stuff" around them. But you're right, it most comes down to budget.

That movie in particular is a marvel of economy either way. He had a fairly limited budget and really made the most of it! My favorite example is how the producer, whom Cameron was married to at the time, made him pay for that laser scanner in the opening scene out of his own pocket! They filmed that scene last and didn't have the money left for it and Cameron was like "But it'll be so COOL!"

The real props look terrible. I know they are only going to be seen online for seconds at a time, but geez.

TazMan2000
The miniature alien queen that got built for the battle with the power loader was equally bad. Bendy wire skeleton (I think. That was a long time ago) with foam latex skin on the outside. It had so much mold flashing that every single seam was visible. But somehow you never see it on screen.
And the Barbie. Oh man don't get me started on the Barbie.
Modern movie props are much higher quality.
Your flamethrower is looking mighty good, paulsboutique

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back