Alien Theme Mask (Wip)...

UnitedHerps

here's my first attempt with "Papakura"......it's slowly starting to bring in it's shape. on Sunday i think i was cutting, folding, taping for like +/-6hrs.....so yeah there's a ton of pieces!!!

been trying to figure out how to highlight this mask....time will tell.

thanks for looking!

Pitoon

DSC08525.JPG

DSC08526.JPG

ok....the paper mask is done!!! pretty impressed with how it came out. i really wasn't expecting this, but i do like the way it looks. since the pieces are taped together on both sides there's a lot of tension and it's distorting the mask just a little bit.

my plans now are to make the mask as symmetric as possible and then lay down a couple of sheets of fiberglass so i can get a nice hard shell to work off of. pics of this sequence will soon follow. but for now here are pics of the completed paper mask with a dollar to give a size comparison.

(for those who are new to this paperwork....don't get discouraged if your piece is not looking right....at the end when all the pieces are taped together you will for sure get a true visual of your piece in 3D form)

Pitoon

DSC08530.JPG

DSC08531.JPG

DSC08532.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back