Alien Sulaco Auction. Need Advice and thoughts

Unless the pieces are being sold directly from the sculptor just about everything coming from Asia is a recast, especially Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea.
If the price it low and or they have several it's a recast.
Many even boast of the pieces being such.

I thought it looked a little OVER-weathered. At first. Then in the close-ups of the fuselage I actually liked the simulated metal plate effect the painter was going for. Curious they dont show any close ups of the antenna array or the rear engine detail. But, overall, it's pretty nice! Factor in the cost of shipping! Also, this looks like it's just their prototype build up. So what YOU get won't necessarily be the one in the pictures. And if this is a recast... whose kit are they recasting? Just curious.

If he was just selling the one I wouldn't have a problem with it. He's showing 6 available so he is indeed recasting my kit. The build he is showing is horrible. The ship, if built correctly won't need 2 supports. Look at how uneven the it seems to fit together. I've contacted them to remove the listing or I'll be contacting ebay. Primetime21

Owning one of Primetime's Sulaco kits, there a many things not even straight on this build! Antenna array, reactor hub..... Sheesh. John didn't engineer it to look like that.

He hasn't responded to me as of yet.

Let us know if he does ... curious what his latest defense will be. In the
Randy Cooper recast thread (see above link) the same EBAY seller defends his
recasting of Randy's work by claiming he had to modify Randy's work as
it was a poor casting, and this apparently makes the act of recasting "ok".

Also worth noting that the seller stated he'd stop selling the recasts of
the Blockade Runner kit, but more were sold after that promise.

:angry His actions hurt the hobby (not that he cares.).

Tell me about it. Damn pattern maker decided to have a mental break down. Have not heard from him in about a year. Oh well, s#$% happens.

So, in order to keep harmony in the universe, all of my reference and info are heading to Primetime. So he can tweak his Sulaco to be the best one out there!
George

Both of those bits of news suck, sorry to hear that Primetime is being recast, I've got one of his kits and while it's still about 4 hours worth of work from being complete it's beautiful. Get one if you can.

Second, i'm sorry to hear that the Timeslip kit may not materialize. I'm a size ho and I'd likely have picked up one of those as well. It'll be a shame if that doesn't materialize some day, it was looking incredible.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back