Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

I have construction drawings of the lacing panels I used on my jacket, which look very similiar to the G-4B panels. They are not perfect replicas, but should give you an idea on how one might make a set. As for the actual issue-suit measurements, I could try to determine those from reference photos. If you would like my vector-based patterns, I can email them to you. They are in CorelDraw .cdr format, but I am sure I could export them to another drawing format. Again, they are just an approximation based on the actual G-4B type. I have posted hi-res images of my jacket that shows the lacing panels on the chest (I believe it is on page 33 of this thread, post #822.) They look more complex to build than they actually are (as long as you can sew a straight line it is fine.) A cardboard template for spacing is good as well (ooohhh high-tech!) Let me know.

I will use whatever you've got. At this point I think it may be the best idea to find a similar suit and sew on the lacing.

Bumping this excellent thread... trying to make my Mk 3 less green and more Nostromo, I have now dyed it a third time...

2mqtcle.jpg

...well, it's not green anymore. Guess I'll have to try fading the fabric a bit. Slowly getting there...

So I dunked the jacket in a bucket of bleach (diluted) and let it soak for 15 minutes... it came out a bit splotched on the back, but the total outcome was kinda satisfactory. And it could always be thrown into bleach again and then dyed, but I dunno... what do y'all think?

350tobp.jpg

Also, I'm getting really annoyed with that thermal net/liner/whatever inside the jacket, and will remove it at some point. Too bad it's quite firmly attached and will rip the fabric liner if pulled off... need to arm myself with a pair of small scissors and some patience, I guess.

I was looking really hard for an exact belt buckle for my Kane belt, but after long long time I failed. That's when I decided - "hey, if I can't find and buy one I can always make it". I took measures from the movie and I ordered buckle in a company which cuts the metal by given sketch. Then I bought an ordinary military-like belt. This is the effect - please mind the belt is still in progress ;)

PS: for the picture purposes I was positioning the pin on the belt according to this photo:

20130213-103312.jpg

What I have to do next is place the Wey-Yu sticker and three plastic "somethings" ;) And since my pin is very thin I'm going to glue a coin below it - on the photos from movie you can see that pins cast shadows on the rest of the buckle.

Attachments

• belt01.jpg
    belt01.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 178
  • belt02.jpg
    belt02.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 138
  • belt03.jpg
    belt03.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 197
  • belt04.jpg
    belt04.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Cool idea for the belt. I'm planning to make a close-enough for Kane's belt, (which looks more and more like it has an aircraft type lift buckle... maybe from a vintage British airliner?) so I've been scouting for a suitable blank.

I believe I'm done with messing about with the poor jacket... several dye baths, a couple of bleach sessions... now it has a grey-green hue, leaning a tad to the purple side in artificial lighting. It'll have to do.

30maa94.jpg

I also got rid of the annoying thermal liner in the sleeves and back. Jacket is a bit cooler and sits better without the stupid net.
Next - sourcing a suitable pink material for the collar piping.

Hi, is there someone out there that offers replicas of G-4B flightsuits? My wife is interested in putting together a Nostromo Uniform.

I told her finding an actual suit is one thing, but finding one that will fit her is another (she's slim and 5' 9").

If anyone can help her out please let me know. Thanks.

Actually she's the perfect size for Jackets that can be found on e-bay. Smaller is easyer.

BrianM

Hi, is there someone out there that offers replicas of G-4B flightsuits? My wife is interested in putting together a Nostromo Uniform.

I told her finding an actual suit is one thing, but finding one that will fit her is another (she's slim and 5' 9").

If anyone can help her out please let me know. Thanks.

I know it's not quite screen accurate, but I finally had the time to add the patches, stencilled lettering and lacing to my Mk3 jacket. Just in time for London ComicCon this weekend.

NP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369436858.879023.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369436858.879023.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 204
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369436889.639519.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369436889.639519.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 197
A couple of better pictures after taking the jacket into work and weathering it a little .

NP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369510146.648321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369510146.648321.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 232
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369510163.846212.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369510163.846212.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 228
Can anyone point me in the direction of any kind of jacket that's somewhat similar to Brett's? It looks to be Nylon, and I'm assuming it was a modified military jacket, but it looks thick, and insulated, and has no lapels. I can't seem to find a jacket like that.

working on putting a Nostromo jacket together in time for Halloween! got a nice sewing machine for christmas, and i don't know how to sew—yet, but i'm going to try making some compression laces myself. excited and freaking out already. :)
thanks to all you guys for all your advice and experimentation!

Can anyone point me in the direction of any kind of jacket that's somewhat similar to Brett's? It looks to be Nylon, and I'm assuming it was a modified military jacket, but it looks thick, and insulated, and has no lapels. I can't seem to find a jacket like that.
I have collected military items for a while, and I have not seen a jacket in surplus or on the collector circuits, which is similar to the one Brett had as a costume item. Which isn't to say that something could not be adapted, with a lot of effort.So I cut through the b/s and had a costuming tailor make a pretty damn good replica. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't exorbitant either--having also reenacted History with the best replicas then available, I was pleased with the relative price of the Brett jacket replica, as well as its details being correct.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back