Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Ah yes--I did see this one. Nice job!

I thought that I did on "Propsummit"; I'll take some more today & post them here; I have one photo of myself wearing the jacket & with a 'meh' hat, on my rpf profile. PLMK if you cannot see the digital pic in my profile album.

Ah yes--I did see this one. Nice job!
Ok...thank you. I sent them a s*load of b&w, color, publicity pics and so on. I'll have up around 8pm EST (depending on my local Thunderstorm activity...) some close-ups of pertinent details of my replica jacket.
Again, I consider it pretty well replicated. The price was acceptable, the replication pretty much what I wanted. I would have preferred a printed "Tricentennial" patch on the left chest, but I haven't found any replicas such as that.Anyways, pics this evening of my replica Brett jacket.

BrettJ5backSml.jpgBrettJ1Sml.jpgBrettJ2Sml.jpgBrettJ3SmlLP.jpgBrettJ4SmlRP.jpg

Here are some close-ups of my replica Brett jacket; apologies if the delay was inconvenient for anyone.

Yeh the merrow is new to me, but this was from someone that worked on it. Maybe a crew patch. There certainly was a light and dark version, and they WERE blue not beige. I think that one posted was a prototype.

This is an excellent replica of the Brett jacket!
I have searched everywhere for something I could adapt. I recently managed, thanks to therpf, to find out that the jacket worn by Dallas and Kane is an RAF mk3 cold weather jacket. I was lucky enough to get one that fit me well and I think I have done a good job of converting it.

I will continue to search for the Brett jacket. It will probably be impossible to find anything close though. Might buy one of these replicas...Right

Hi, although it is clear that the pen holder has been left on, am i right in thinking that in these early jackets the pen holder was NOT padded? All the later green MKIII jackets have padding (that i think will throw the lacing panels askew) so i'm guessing, remove the padding then?

Perhaps a picture would help.
My jacket is a 1969 model so I'm sure there may be a difference if yours is newer.

Last edited:
Mine has the padding but it didn't adversely interfere with the lacing.

e37a8c32.jpg

Hi, although it is clear that the pen holder has been left on, am i right in thinking that in these early jackets the pen holder was NOT padded? All the later green MKIII jackets have padding (that i think will throw the lacing panels askew) so i'm guessing, remove the padding then?

Looking at pictures of Dallas 1" looks about right.
Someone took pictures and measurements of Kane's jacket (at Bob Burns) but I don't know if that was measured.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back