Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

RJust to let anyone interested know that I'm doing another run of 24 Silver "bullion" wings egyptian motif as in "Kanes" executive officer. I know people asked me about these in the past so forgive me if i didnt email you about this, I'll try get it out to the people who enquired, Thanks, M

Nostromo wings on schedule to be completed in 3 weeks, brings us up to launch of Prometheus, just an update for people who requested them, thanks, M

Apologies only got material last Friday so under a bit of pressure in work as well, not a bad compliant though . Sourcing the material was difficult. So if you can bear with me thanks for your patience,
Merliner

Last edited:
I wear a 38S (I'm 5'9). I got a size 6, and it was a good fit, although short in the body. But be aware that these things were DESIGNED to be short in the body. On me the bottom of the jacket sits just above the waist, whereas most jackets you would wear sit an inch or two below the waist. (Presumably if you're a pilot those extra inches are an unwanted encumbrance to mobility in the cockpit.)

If you're 5'4, a size 5 would probably be a good fit. A 6 might still work, but it might end up too baggy around the shoulders. Be aware that because of the design of the jacket, you're unlikely to find anything that fits you in quite the way that an off-the-shelf jacket from a store would. My jacket works perfectly as part of a Kane costume, but I wouldn't wear it around town because of its odd cut.

Another vote for a size 5 - the chest on mine was a perfect fit for my scrawny 38" torso, and though the arms were a bit short for me (I'm 5'10") they should be spot on for you.

Good news--thanks! This will be the final piece for my Kane jacket.

Just to let anyone interested know that I'm doing another run of 24 Silver "bullion" wings egyptian motif as in "Kanes" executive officer. I know people asked me about these in the past so forgive me if i didnt email you about this, I'll try get it out to the people who enquired, Thanks, M

BladeRunner check the information in the attached thumbnail below,
hope it helps?

kane2122

Last edited:
PM sent.

Just to let anyone interested know that I'm doing another run of 24 Silver "bullion" wings egyptian motif as in "Kanes" executive officer. I know people asked me about these in the past so forgive me if i didnt email you about this, I'll try get it out to the people who enquired, Thanks, M

Folks this thread is amazing!! I have read thru it two times already gleaning all the info I can.

With all the great info I've been inspired to pull together a Kane style Jacket to wear to 'Prometheus'.

Now begins the search for a size 8 MK3...

I plan on using my digital cutter to make a stencil from an Illustrator file for the back lettering. Will gladly share that if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the inspiration!
-Jono
jackDroid

Yeap--this is what I plan to do as well. Have you decided what color to paint the lettering? I'm going to start with PMS 5415 and lighten or darken from there.

cfae1861.png

I plan on using my digital cutter to make a stencil from an Illustrator file for the back lettering. Will gladly share that if anyone wants it.

jackDroid

Thanks for the quick reply division 6. Can anyone else confirm that a 5 would be a good size before I spend some money on something I probably won't be able to return.

Size 5 seems right for your height. As for the US availability, surely on ebay some people also offer these jackets with international shipping.

Banzai - I was gonna look at slik screen paints available at Blick this weekend to see what I could find that is close. Your Pantone choice seems pretty close - maybe we can get some of the trailblazers to match what they used to the Pantone system for more info? I will pm Merliner to see if he can help us hone in on the color.

Gonna pick up some stenciling brushes and do some practice runs while I wait on my coat to arrive - I am lucky to have a niece in the UK who can ship stuff to me as most the UK eBayers cant ship to the US.

-jon
jackDroid

Yeap--this is what I plan to do as well. Have you decided what color to paint the lettering? I'm going to start with PMS 5415 and lighten or darken from there.

cfae1861.png

Jon--I am going to airbrush thinned-down acrylic paint through my stencil; very light coats only. I want to have it appear to be wearing off as it would being on the back.

I've not found anywhere to get such a stencil, and have no access to a digital cutter. Anyone that would like to get rid of one please contact me, it's the last thing needed to complete my jacket.

Thank you

Christian

Nostromo wings on schedule to be completed in 3 weeks, brings us up to launch of Prometheus, just an update for people who requested them, thanks, M

Interested

To add to my previous question, I am a teenage who is 5'4 and I wear a 36s blazer. Should I get a size 5 or 4 RAF MKIII. Also I will probably be using it for halloween so I want it a tiny bit big in case I grow. Maybe about an inch or two larger than it should be. So which size should I go with? Also will I be able to get the correct color using dyes on an olive colored jacket?

Bladerunner - i'd suggest a size 5. Dont worry about height as much as chest as they run short by design. Im 5'9" 44" chest and the 8 is just about perfect - tho a tad tite in the upper arms as they tend to be close fitting. Found the following on the web:

Size 5 To fit Height 172-181cm / Chest 86-96cm
Approx: 5'8"- 5'11" Height / 34"-38" Chest

Size 6 To fit Height 172-180cm / Chest 99-107cm
Approx: 5'8"- 5'11" Height / 39"-42" Chest

Size 8 To fit Height 182-190cm / Chest 100-110cm
Approx: 6'- 6'3" Height / 39"-44" Chest

And heres alink with some other sizes listed
RAF Cold Weather Jacket

As for color I am dyeing mine next weekend and can post my results. If you read thru the entire thread there are some good case studies by folks who have dyed their green ones and posted their results.

Good luck!

-jon
jackDroid

To add to my previous question, I am a teenage who is 5'4 and I wear a 36s blazer. Should I get a size 5 or 4 RAF MKIII. Also I will probably be using it for halloween so I want it a tiny bit big in case I grow. Maybe about an inch or two larger than it should be. So which size should I go with? Also will I be able to get the correct color using dyes on an olive colored jacket?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back