Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Got my laces and pants from Randy; can't wait to finish up this suit.

15341_171181733086_657498086_2983127_5675035_n.jpg

Hey Larry, how tough was it to pull the round logos off the ankles?

I recently finished an outfit. I made the jacket, hat and shoes myself and my buddy Seth made the shirt and pants. I also have the belt, but it's not pictured.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0789.jpg

Smartly done TK1536, Geez if you had a siggy dangling out of your mouth I'd swear you were Harry Dean Stanton himself. Don't go lookin' for Jones!! :lol

Are those the PF Flyer sneaks?

-Mac

Seth's Nostromo gear is top-notch. I traded him my Solo costume for a set.

He bumped into Adam Savage at DragonCon and was complimented on the Nostromo outfit. :thumbsup

Smartly done TK1536, Geez if you had a siggy dangling out of your mouth I'd swear you were Harry Dean Stanton himself. Don't go lookin' for Jones!! :lol

Are those the PF Flyer sneaks?

-Mac

Thanks! I'd like to do a second pair of pants in the blue/green color and find the hawaiian shirt, but he does have that unique jacket.

And yeah, here's a picture of all our modified PF Flyer shoes. There was a group of about five of us at DragonCon this year.

web.jpg

LOL ... the Nostromo version of "My Three Sons" ** queue the music **

Yeah Bret's costume is extra unique. I'd like to do Ash's, but lack the sewing craft to do it myself. Maybe someday ....

I hope you had fun at Dragon-Con!!

-Mac

Got some more progress done.

Lacing strips, piping and patches attached and some pockets on the inside.
Since the jacket is staying green I went with yellow piping.
Opened the edge seam and inserted the piping bias then resewed.

Had to remove the collar opening with the velcro, the jacket is so old it was falling apart as I removed the stitching.
The patch and strip on the left sleeve are a bit wonky, the jacket apparently had a large rip across the back and down the sleeve and the repair lost about a inch of surface material.:unsure
The pen holder on the left sleeve is still usable.

I decided it needed pockets inside so using the same material i used for the lacing shaped them large enough to hold a DVD or small book than hand stitched them in (sloppy job)

Only things left to do is the text on the back, lacing and department pins.

jacket2.jpg

jacket1.jpg

jacketpocket.jpg

Last edited:
Got some more progress done.

Lacing strips, piping and patches attached and some pockets on the inside.
Since the jacket is staying green I went with yellow piping.
Opened the edge seam and inserted the piping bias then resewed.

Had to remove the collar opening with the velcro, the jacket is so old it was falling apart as I removed the stitching.
The patch and strip on the left sleeve are a bit wonky, the jacket apparently had a large rip across the back and down the sleeve and the repair lost about a inch of surface material.:unsure
The pen holder on the left sleeve is still usable.

I decided it needed pockets inside so using the same material i used for the lacing shaped them large enough to hold a DVD or small book than hand stitched them in (sloppy job)

Only things left to do is the text on the back, lacing and department pins.

jacket2.jpg

jacket1.jpg

jacketpocket.jpg

I was under the impression that the pen pocket on the sleeve was removed on the SA jackets, or am I mistaken?

Pen holder left on otherwise I would have removed it.
Also I think the piping like on the shirts was just sewn on to the back side of the collar but that just looks sloppy as if it was an after thought (probably was)

Hello! I'm from Barcelona Spain, I'm a alien fan and I'm searching for a Dallas's similar jacket, I have the patches and a stencil with the nostromo word to spray it in the back of the jacket, what kind of jacket is? military? aeropilot? thank you all

Hello! I'm from Barcelona Spain, I'm a alien fan and I'm searching for a Dallas's similar jacket, I have the patches and a stencil with the nostromo word to spray it in the back of the jacket, what kind of jacket is? military? aeropilot? thank you all

Hello,
Its an RAF (British Royal Air force) MK3 cold weather jacket, the ones in the film are the "old" style one and very hard to find, the newer one are green and fairly common, so you'll have to dye it my friend! use charcoal dye with a small bit of purple dye, oh yeah give it a few washes first to remove "water proofing" chemical, check these all the info is here but let me know if need a hand,

Thank you merliner! I will try to find something similar, Im working too in a Alien warrior mask totally custom handmade :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back