Airwolf in real 1:1 scale replica

Is Patterson Enterprises still at the Van Nuys Airport? They made (or possibly just attached) everything for the original. With any luck, they might still have some original reference or archive material still around. :)

-Sarge

so whens it going to be there, cause im goin. pigeon forge is like a 30 minute drive from my doorstep.

i cant wait to see this thing in person...

whereabouts are you from man?

around TN?

do they let you take pics in the museum?

<div class='quotetop'>(Steven W Stull @ Jun 20 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1264643[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(DrStranglove @ Jun 20 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]1264629[/snapback]
An interesting question occured to me. If the original Bell 222 crashed and burned, how do you cast parts of the original?
[/b]
The Bell 222A air frame is the same as Airwolf's that was in the crash. However, The parts that made it Airwolf were all removed at the end of the third season of shooting. The side huge side panels and the chain guns and the front radar nose scoop plus all the miniature props that were used for special affects are now in the hands of one Collector. Clark Van Holten in north Florida. I drove to Clarks and we spent two days making templates from the only panels ever that were on Airwolf. Please feel free to download this file on the remaining Airwolf parts and what they look like today. Not only that, Clark and Mark Cairns from Airwolf themes.com visited the crew, actors and directors from the show and did a write up on the events. Clark publishes The Wolf's Lair Magazine and this file is on the first issue. Great history that many do not know..

Steven W Stull
[/b][/quote]

Cool. Thanks.

Awesome. When I was 16 I attended the Point Magu Airshow with my JROTC unit and I actually got see (and take pics of) Airwolf. It was interesting to say the least. I remember being able to note the black residue from one the machine guns tips on the left "wing", from the propane blast. (simulated machine gun fire during filming)I have always wanted a Bell 222. Good luck on your build.

Geez Steve-
You have been busy. Did you ever finish those Rocketpacks?

Steve's Airwolf helmets are amazing. It is my best replica for sure.

Steven, congratulations on producing such a fine, fine replica - What a privelidge it must be to work that hard on something you obviously love so much.
My passion is for the Wolf's bitter rival, the Blue Thunder Special. Everytime I trolley past its sad remains on the MGM backlot I long to do a similar thing to what you've been magically able to achieve - How cool to have them hanging next to each other..

ThunderDig6.jpg

AIRWOLF in real 1:1 scale replica used in Promo

I am new here and posted this under the costume section. It is more a full scale prop.

I introduced myself a little while back and posted a link to my carbon copy of the screen used Airwolf flight suits and Fully Functional Airwolf helmets. I stepped up the challenge and I am nearly completed with a full size 1:1 carbon copy of Airwolf her self. This is being done for a museum in Pigeon Forge Tenn. The musume is a ground up ultra modern Helicopter museum and Airwolf is in the Hollywood helicopter section. Ship is complete with ADF belly launcher and the side mount chain guns. The side pods I made from scratch by taking templates off the surviving Airwolf screen used parts. The link here will take you to the story and massive photos showing how I did this step by step.
Airwolf will be suspended from the steel beams in the museum with gear up and in full combat mode. This is not a close replica, But a carbon copy.
Enjoy the photos and Please let me know what you think!
http://projects.airwolf.tv/ssmockup/index.html
Steven W Stull

I saw this promo for the AIRWOLF THEMES Soundtracks recently on YouTube and thought I'd post here after reading the thread earlier. It's awesome what you've done with her Steve. Looks like those guys had a lot of fun filming out in the desert:

AIRWOLF THEMES Music Promo (shot with Airwolf Replica): (y)cool
http://www.youtube.com/markjcairns

correct me if im wrong, but i heard that the museum went bust and all the copters got sold off, including AW. What ever happened to it? and did they ever get the full interior finished?

Yeah, the original Halson Helicopter Museum went bust. But Steven Stull's wonderful replica is still in the Dollywood area. It is currently in the Tennessee Museum of Aviation in Sevierville, Tennessee (just up the strip a few miles from where it was). It's on indefinite long-term loan to them, as the owner has tried to sell it 3-4 times on eBay with no takers.

I have always loved that helicopter....I may have to take a drive to go see this one but my urge to see the inside or sit it in might get me arrested!

Yeah, the original Halson Helicopter Museum went bust. But Steven Stull's wonderful replica is still in the Dollywood area. It is currently in the Tennessee Museum of Aviation in Sevierville, Tennessee (just up the strip a few miles from where it was). It's on indefinite long-term loan to them, as the owner has tried to sell it 3-4 times on eBay with no takers.

I'm kinda glad it has found it's way to a good home..
and my wife is even more glad it's no longer on ebay... saves her the trouble of killing me in my sleep for wanting to build a heli pad on the roof. :confused

AIRWOLF full-size Replica

if memory serves (which it rarely does lately) , $15,000?

or maybe that was the opening bid and I remember no one bid.

the thing wasn't functional - it was just a big (yet awesome) display.

The reserve was $50k, but I think the owner Dan Haynes (who owned the Halson Helicopter Museum) was really looking $100k to get his money back on the investment. Again, no takers, so I don't think it'll be moving away from Sevierville any time soon (with exception to its little trip to Red Rock Canyon in California for that Airwolf Themes soundtrack promo they did a year or two back).

I'm still in awe of the work that was done on the Replica though.

I am new here and posted this under the costume section. It is more a full scale prop.

I introduced myself a little while back and posted a link to my carbon copy of the screen used Airwolf flight suits and Fully Functional Airwolf helmets. I stepped up the challenge and I am nearly completed with a full size 1:1 carbon copy of Airwolf her self. This is being done for a museum in Pigeon Forge Tenn. The musume is a ground up ultra modern Helicopter museum and Airwolf is in the Hollywood helicopter section. Ship is complete with ADF belly launcher and the side mount chain guns. The side pods I made from scratch by taking templates off the surviving Airwolf screen used parts. The link here will take you to the story and massive photos showing how I did this step by step.
Airwolf will be suspended from the steel beams in the museum with gear up and in full combat mode. This is not a close replica, But a carbon copy.
Enjoy the photos and Please let me know what you think!
Airwolf: New Mock-Up Project
Steven W Stull
OMG that is truly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen ....I always loved the LADY.... Fantastic ......Cant say much ....IM Speechless.........Jaw dropping .......

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back