Airbrush Parts...

Jun Austria

I have a collection of Iwata airbrush. I bought extra needle and nozzle for each airbrush.
Besides this parts. Is there any other parts to look out for before they break?

I have several HP-C and HP-C Plus models and two are 15 plus years old... truthfully; the only damage any of these brushes have received has been at the needle/tip and has been at the hands of novices and their children ;( Otherwise Iwatas are just about bullet-proof.

I have several HP-C and HP-C Plus models and two are 15 plus years old... truthfully; the only damage any of these brushes have received has been at the needle/tip and has been at the hands of novices and their children ;( Otherwise Iwatas are just about bullet-proof.

Good to hear the body is long lasting. Just few months ago I bought the Iwata Custom Micron CM-SB. Only to be discontinued few months later a replaced with a CM-SB ver.2.
Thankfully the needle and nozzle are the same for both old and new CM-SB.

It's great to hear good things about the Iwata line, as I just purchased an HP-CS as my first airbrush(grabbed a spare needle and tip, as well) So far I'm amazed at what it can do....I feel like I've been set free:)

I power it with a 20 pound CO2 bottle and regulator(free from my job) It's nice and quiet and only 15.00 to refill. At the rate I'm going, it should last me several months:)

Robert

Last edited:
Nice thing is you can shoot just about anything through them.
Enamel, acrylic, lacquer, oil, ink, food coloring, gouache, watercolor. tempera, etc.

The components in the medium are what eventually wear out the tip and needle.

Yeah, I agree with all of the above and will add that Iwatas entire line of brushes are built with solvent proof O-rings that can handle virtually anything you can push through them. I have heard rave reviews about the Grex line of brushes, but if something ain't broke don't fix it... I'll be using these Iwatas for a long time.

It's great to hear good things about the Iwata line, as I just purchased an HP-CS as my first airbrush(grabbed a spare needle and tip, as well) So far I'm amazed at what it can do....I feel like I've been set free:)

I power it with a 20 pound CO2 bottle and regulator(free from my job) It's nice and quiet and only 15.00 to refill. At the rate I'm going, it should last me several months:)

Robert

Just a small question If I may please. this bottle and regulator. any chance someone could tell me how to get a setup like that.and If It would cost an arm and a leg. and were would one have such a bottle filled?

Just a small question If I may please. this bottle and regulator. any chance someone could tell me how to get a setup like that.and If It would cost an arm and a leg. and were would one have such a bottle filled?

Bottles and regulators can be obtained from soft drink bottling/distribution companies such as Coke or Pepsi, welding supply houses, or air gas companies like Praxair or Air Liquide to name a few. A local welding supply house wanted $47.00 a year to rent a 20 pound bottle(about the size of a scuba tank) or $175.00 to buy it outright. The regulators started at $ 70.00 and went up from there, although they can be had on Amazon for about 40 bucks.

A plus is that you don't need a moisture trap with CO2 and the tanks cost about $15 to 25.00 to fill. A minus is that you need to be sure you have decent ventilation, as there is a suffocation hazzard. Also, these tanks are pressured up to about 1000 psi so you want to be sure and place the tank where it won't get knocked over.

Robert

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back