airbrush help?

elvenisman2

Hey Everybody, I just bought my first airbrush gun so I was wondering if anyone out there could help me? I'm interested in mask making and sculpting so anything to help me in that general area would be great :) I'll upload some pics later of what I've made so far.

The airbrush gun I Bought was the Badger 105 Patriot. I'm saving up to buy a compressor for it hopefully soon but anyways, thanks ! :rolleyes

You can paint latex masks with this. I would recommend using a mixture of High Quality Acrylics and Rubber Cement. Wear a respirator when using this stuff and work in a ventilated area. You can also use alcohol based liquid makeups.

My other question is about mold making. What do I use to make a copy of someone's face, how much it costs and what local store (home depot, walmart, etc) could I get it from?

To make a copy of someones face, you will need to make a lifecast. Fallout: Nuka Break Behind the Scenes: Life Casting - YouTube This video demonstrates the process well. You can't buy alginate from most stores, places like Smooth On, Frends Beauty Supply and Bity Mold Supply have alginate. you can also buy plaster bandage from those stores to. They ship internationally.

Wow thanks ! that video was spot on with everything I wanted to know haha. So alginate, is it silicone or no? if it wasn't, would I be able to buy a silicone mix at home depot and use it as a replacement? or am I speaking complete idiot..

No you can't buy the kind of silicone you will need to make a lifecast from home depot. Though Smooth On does sell a product called body double which is a skin safe lifecasting silicone. This can be better than alginate because you can make more than one casting out of it. Alginate is not quite silicone, it is weaker than silicone and will usually only survive the casting of one positive.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back