Airbrush for IronMan while Deployed

sgtski

I am deployed an i think i want an airbrush to paint the Iron Man I am working on. I am thinking or airbrush since it might be difficult to get spray paint here and to find a place to paint and dry the parts. I think the airbrush might be a good alternative for me since it won't stink as much and i think i can ship it here without an issue. I have a badger at home but i don't want to ship my compressor from home. I have looked on Amazon at some light weight compressors kits. Anyone have a recommendation? Things i have to consider,
lightweight, cheap, only needs to last 6 months, need to be able to ship to an APO.

This seems like a great solution, has anyone used one before. There are no reviews on Amazon.

Total piece of junk. If you want an airbrush that will work and you wont want to throw out the window before the first 10min try one of these. When I used to teach I used a few of these, but mostly the Iwata as you get what you pay for in the long run. This is as cheap as I would go on a brush.

BearClaw HV-C Airbrush-BearAir.com

I am going to have an issue getting anything aerosol. So what i really need is to find a cheap, light weight compressor with brush and hose that i can ship to APO.

As Finhead said, the one on Amazon is not the best solution, it's really powerless and you will become mad really quickly using it...

Maybe on this website you could find something affordable :

Airbrush Compressors | Airbrushes | Compressors

I remember i bought them a kit several years ago when i started airbrush painting and it was pretty correct for the price...

You could talk to your vehicle maintenance guys they may have access to the compressor and just pick up the attachment. I'm not sure if your at a fob or an established base so I'm not sure what you would have access to.

Another alternative is to use bottled gas; that is, the CO2 bottles like in this fellas setup:

DSC00858.jpg

See if the foodservice guys can hook you up (you folks do have carbonated soda machines, right?). You'll also need a CO2 regulator (as shown) and you may need a reducing fitting for the brand of airbrush you use (for the hose) - be sure to check all the fitting sizes as you go.

You'll be needing a dual-stage regulator - which measures both pressure and gas remaining. You need a regulator specifically for CO2 gas cylinders...the regulators for other types of gas (like Nitrogen or Oxygen) cylinders are slightly different. That is; don't ask the motor pool guys for one of theirs. ;)

I also use a secondary regulator (at the airbrush end) to further fine-tune the pressure, but that's just my personal preference.

You won't need a moisture trap as CO2 is anhydrous (moistureless) and the only drawback I've experienced is frosting of the regulators during long spray sessions in the humid Summer.

If you do go this route, make sure to turn off the gas and disconnect your 'brush when you have finished your session; you will risk damage your airbrush or your lines if it is left pressurized.

The tank is nice because it's silent. Good for 3AM painting sessions.

Something to think about. Good luck, and thank you for your service!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back