Ahsoka sabers at Dok-Ondar's in Galaxy's Edge

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I visited G.E. back in January before things went haywire. I didn't hit Savi's workshop, but I did browse around Dok-Odnar's quite a bit, and I know they had sabers for sale in the glass display cases by the registers.

It was so crowded, I really didn't get a great look at all of the sabers in the cases, but I am pretty sure they had Ahsoka's Clone Wars sabers for sale. Is that accurate? Or were they her "Rebels" sabers?

Either way, what are the quality of these sabers? Are the they same quality as the Savi's sabers, or are they on par with the (higher-quality) stuff people make around here? I'm in the market for a pair (display only), and all things being equal, I always prefer to by licensed replicas. But as we all know, things are usually not equal between licensed replicas and the stuff people make around here.

Long story short - am I better-served buying the sabers at G.E., or around here instead?

Please and thank you!

They are Rebels based. But as of the last time I handeled a Legacy saber I can surely tell you the electronics are trash. Utter trash, like worse then the old MR sabers.

I had the Mace Windu. They did vastly improve the scaling of the hilt over the Hasbro/MR fat hilt but the electronics are so bad its not worth getting at all. If you want display you can get an empty SA hilt for just a few dollars more or the same price if you get lucky.

The scroll effect was poor, the LED separation was in your face noticable and the blade was different shades of purple while being the dimest blade I owned. The sound was extremely quiet and the swing and clash response was poor. There were only 3 swings and they played back in the same order everytime they were triggered if I was lucky enough to trigger one. And the timing of them was WAY off.

These are nothing but cheap novelty items just so you can say hey look at what I bought at GE. If youre serious about saber installs go custom even though they cost more.

Thanks. I guess I should clarify - I am not interested in the electronics or blade. I'm just looking to display the hilts. But it sounds like, even in that regard, you were unimpressed?

0D6449A9-923B-44E5-AB1A-76180B50BB59.jpeg

I received them as a gift, and really like the way they look in the display. You might be able to see it in the picture, but there is a seam that runs all the way down the hilt.

They are heavy, and seem to be mostly metal. There are a few plastic bits, and the grips are rubber. They are also pretty large. I didn’t expect them to be this big. I’m not in front of them now, but if I remember, I think the shoto handle is almost as long as my MR Kit Fisto. The regular handle is a lot longer than any single bladed saber I have. They are also a little fat, and round. If I’m not mistaken, I believe they were a little flatter in the show.

Overall, I’m happy with them, and people usually notice them right away when they’re on the shelf.

Thanks. I guess I should clarify - I am not interested in the electronics or blade. I'm just looking to display the hilts. But it sounds like, even in that regard, you were unimpressed?

Like I said youre better off buying an empty custom. They are about the same price as a Legacy saber and they are much more accurate. I wouldnt waste anymore money on the Legacys

To me they look very oversized and clunky. Too kid's toy like and not like a real weapon should look.

They are very oversized but very nice for display. I didn’t mind the electronics at all. Each saber has its own unique sounds. Compare them with some of the other GE sabers...
150CBB52-FE14-4FE5-A815-AE20EA1F00EF.jpeg

They are very oversized but very nice for display. I didn’t mind the electronics at all. Each saber has its own unique sounds. Compare them with some of the other GE sabers...View attachment 1307773

The electronics are trash trust me. Dont settle for garbage. Even a basic Hasbro Black Series out performs these and they use the exact saber font for every saber yet still are vastly superior. Brightness and performance is on par with what Master Replicas use to put out. Legacy sabers are far below the perfomance of Hasbro/MR. Even the most basic light and and sound custom can be had for a similar price and out perform the Legacy sabers.

If you are like me and saber collecting, I am more concerned about the hilts than I am if it has electronics and a blade.

I think some of the Legacy hilts at GE are decent and worth the price just considering them as a hilt display piece but it depends on which hilt. Unfortunately the Ahsoka hilt is one I say pass. You heard most of the reasons already. The only reason I could see any value in them is if someone was doing Ahsoka Rebels cosplay and they only wanted to spend the amount you could buy them for at GE. Because you are not going to get a working FX fan-made pair for anywhere close to that price (yes, I know that every aspect would be better but I'm talking for someone who just wants a passable cosplay replica and not too concerned about every little detai).

If you are looking for cheap hilts, there look to be some passible Etsy 3D printed options. End results would be based on your building skills.

I myself opted for Solo Hold's CW version (they can hold electronics, but I built mine as static hilts).

My build at the link below:

fullsizeoutput_2363-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back