Agent Kallus

Graevn

Hi all. Long time lurker, figure I'll start posting too.

I'm in the process of testing myself a bit to see if I can build something from scratch costume wise, from head to toe.
Agent Kallus from the new Rebels show caught my eye immediately.

This is my first time using and CAD software so I'm learning as I go.
I still have to add the back flanged bottom part (somehow) and some details on the ear pieces but I'm kind of chuffed with myself so far. :)

Kallus.png

MPYixSI.jpg

The plan, is to print this out when my 3D printer arrives.
(actually several months after it arrives if I manage to successfully get it built and working)

Cheers all.

So far so good. are you planning on doing his Bo-rifle also? I've been trying to engineer Zeb's Bo-Rifle (extend/retract) for a while now with little success.

I'm not sure which 3D printer you are getting, but you will probably going to have to break that helmet up into multiple pieces. either to fit on your build platform, or just to get decent bed adhesion.

Yep after the helmet is done I'll move onto the rifle.
Also the chest/back armor.

I ordered a MakerFarm 12" i3v. Huge build volume but Ill still cut the model up then reassemble and start post production work. Just easier in the end i think.
I'm reading that glue sticks (the washable purple ones) are working great for people as far as adhesion....no idea, complete noob at 3D but eager to learn.

I ordered a MakerFarm 12" i3v. Huge build volume but Ill still cut the model up then reassemble and start post production work. Just easier in the end i think.
I'm reading that glue sticks (the washable purple ones) are working great for people as far as adhesion....no idea, complete noob at 3D but eager to learn.

Nice looking machine. I went with the SeeMeCNC Rostock MAXX. The 12"dia by 14" high build volume just spoke to me. :cool
As far as adhesion methods, I've heard of using glue sticks, Gluesticks diluted in water (applied with a paintbrush) Aquanet hairspray (Purple/Unscented), Blue Painters Tape, and an Acetone/ABS mixture (Filament dissolved in Acetone)

Back on Topic...
Yep after the helmet is done I'll move onto the rifle.
Also the chest/back armor.
I've been trying to engineer Zeb's Bo Rifle as far as the extend and retract. I have most of the decorative parts designed, but that mechanism... <Insert head beating on wall Emoticon>

I had the Rostock, in cart, ready to buy....changed my mind at the last minute.

I am at an impasse on the helmet atm. It seems 123D is dead software, broken and without much support or community.
I need to move a couple points (in red below) at the helmet would be complete but for some reason the software won't allow it. I've moved points before on this same model, so no idea whats changed..
I am trying to find a way to export it to another suite...though I haven't found a suitable replacement yet.

ig6qCZV.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back