Suggestion Add Premium Membership info to RPF / FAQ/ Finances

mykindofscum

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
While taking a look at the RPF's FAQ page, I noticed this part under the Finances section...

"Q: I love this site and want to donate to it! How can I donate?

A: Because we have ads in place, we feel it is unfair to also accept donations. If you want to truly help the site, please do so by posting, interacting and telling your friends about the site!
"

... I noticed there was no mention of the relatively-new feature of Premium Memberships. The Premium announcements that I'm aware of (links below) mention that the feature is response to continued member interest in providing financial support of some kind to RPF.

So, submitted for your consideration, may I suggest to add some Premium Membership info to that FAQ / Financial section. The explanations in the announcements elsewhere seem like they would fit in nicely in this section of the FAQ.

References:

RPF FAQ list
- direct link: the RPF - FAQ: RPF Guidelines
- by navigation: click FAQ on the horizontal menu bar on any page, then 'Frequently Asked Questions" under the RPF Guidelines section

Announcement of Premium Memberships
- direct link: http://www.therpf.com/questions-suggestions/announcements.html
- by navigation: Community Section, then Announcements and News, then the top announcement by Montagar

Premium Membership Details & Information
- direct link: http://www.therpf.com/f15/premium-member-subscription-details-information-130640/
- by navigation: RPF/Community/ Announcements & News / posting by Art Andrews titled "PREMIUM MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION! - Details and Information"

Sorry for the nerdy list, just putting multiple references in one place.

I just spent about 15 minutes searching for the PREMIUM MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION! - Details and Information page, and it may just be my horrible searching skills :lol However I think it would be a good idea to add something about the membership/benefits in the FAQ section like the OP suggested.

If it's already been done (I hope not otherwise I really do have horrible searching skills :lol), or if it has been considered already then I apologize for bumping this...

True.

But that would not fall under 'Donations', as Premium Membership gives you stuff in return, like mega PM space, chat room etc etc.

It is more of an upgrade / purchase of 'services' rather than a donation.

Yeah I suppose it wouldn't be put in that specific section, actually I think it would be easiest if there was some sort of info/link in the User CP where you can pay for the subscriptions. I actually found the announcement where I originally read the info/benefits (the top of the entertainment forum), but I figured it might help for future members who are looking for it if I posted.

Either way I found what I was looking for...

Good point.

Maybe a small clickable banner somewhere here, with something like "Click here to upgrade your Membership to Premium" or something, linking to the info / subscription page (?)

attachment.php

It's already listed as an announcement at the top of every forum... including this very sub-forum.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back