Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

:thumbsup
Nice work scratchy,

What are you using to make the little holes? drill or? its very fine work man.

Great update.

Ozzy

For the eight holes, four on each side. I've drawn a series of pencil lines on the plastic, used a plastic push tack as a center punch to make sure my holes are aligned. Then I drilled out the holes with a #63 drill bit in my pin vise

Scratchy you are one bad dude, Bad as in good Lol.

Thanks Ray

A huge inspiration as always Scratchy. :)
I may have to lay hands on one of these, I hadn't realised the price was so good.

What does the 144 scale make the final length? About 18cm?

Actually, the length is about 22.5 cm (8.5") It's a nicely detailed little kit and there's plenty of room to acqurize.:thumbsup

excellent work, especially on the boarding ramp. I will have to keep that in mind when doing my AMT falcon

It's a nice touch for sure. I'm not sure, but I don't think a kit has been made with an accurate Falcon boarding ramp.

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words.

Does anyone have any high resolution reference images of the boarding ramp set, focusing on the left and right walls, ceiling and the back tubular hallway.

Hi Scratchy,

This is one of the better pics I have seen, and the plans.

I just linked it to stevestakillers thread. I hope he dont mind

Empire%20Wars%204.jpg

Plans

118_119.jpg

Ozzy

Thanks Ozzy, I'm currently working with these two images. It just couldn't hurt to get more from different angles.

The side profile drawing is a huge help!

Here's a quick update. I roughed in the first cylinder and also the corridor that will be seen if one looks up the boarding ramp. I plan to cast the cylinders, I'll insert some brass rod into the mold before I inject the resin,... just for the added strength.

millenniumfalcon04-1.jpg

The tubes where made with some .030" styrene. The styrene was wrapped around a 7/16" 1/4" drive - deep socket and dunked about six times in a pot of boiling water. Each time cooled with cold water. The plastic was held in place with some zap straps.

I've done this technique when I made the rings for the main engines for my scratchbuilt Star Destroyer.

Scratchy,

Will you also be lighting the gun turret wells, cockpit and engine ?

Once again, your works are masterpieces mate. Looking forward to seeing more.

The gun turrets and cockpit will be lit up, the engines will not be. Eventually, I would like to see this Falcon in a 1/144 Echo Base dio.

I say "eventually" because I know it's not going to happen anytime soon. However, with every piece I build, I'll set them aside until I can bring it all together. I already have fifteen snowspeeders and about twelve x-wings set aside for this.

I keep trying to think of a "one think I would suggest ____" but I got nothin, it really looks good so far. I like how you're handing the interior corridor too.

glad you were able to use my model for a little reference.

keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

Here's a another update. I did some more work on the build. I finished the second cylinder, started working on the hallway tube and I pulled the first resin cast of the cockpit window frame.

millenniumfalcon05-1.jpg

Lookin' good as usual mate.

Your going to have to stand on ya head to see any of the detail in the tubes buddy! LOL.

I did this for my first Falcon, but found I could see nothing off it when I put it together.

Ok, sooo how do you cast something like that canopy??? I mean do you have an inset to go inside the canopy so that you cast only the top, or??? I am asking as I have some simular items that I can not figure out how to cast.

Looking forward to ya next update

ozzy

Lookin' good as usual mate.

Your going to have to stand on ya head to see any of the detail in the tubes buddy! LOL.

I did this for my first Falcon, but found I could see nothing off it when I put it together.

Ok, sooo how do you cast something like that canopy??? I mean do you have an inset to go inside the canopy so that you cast only the top, or??? I am asking as I have some simular items that I can not figure out how to cast.

Looking forward to ya next update

ozzy

Thanks Ozzy.

You're right, a person would have to stand on their head, oreven use a dental mirror to see the hidden areas. However, it's something like this that I like to put into a model or any creative work. It just gives that little bit of extra "wow" to it,.... you'll never see it right off, but if you look hard enough then you'll find it.

I'm going to try that with all my builds.

As for the casting,... I closed in all the windows on the master with some .005" styrene. When I pulled out the resin copy, the window openings just has some flash there just waiting to be trimmed off.

I have this piece glued to the lower kit part,... I'm satisfied with the fit.... after a bit of trimming and sanding of course.

You're right, a person would have to stand on their head, oreven use a dental mirror to see the hidden areas. However, it's something like this that I like to put into a model or any creative work. It just gives that little bit of extra "wow" to it,.... you'll never see it right off, but if you look hard enough then you'll find it.

I'm going to try that with all my builds.

Agreed! and you are certainly giving us the WoW, factor.

Ozzu

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back