Interest Accurate Marty McFly Hollywood and Paisley Jean Jacket Lining Fabric

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, the rumors I've started are true, the source of the Hollywood Lining inside Marty McFly's Jacket has been traced to THIS SHIRT:

8C028A2E-67F0-4F0F-A6C4-C111B3BB4035.png

As a result, I have been able to replicate the print on it line-for-line and dot-for-dot and get it printed onto fabric which you can see here:

C3D17785-9267-4787-8E85-7CD76995D982.jpeg

AndI've also upgraded my paisley to better reflect some more recent Hi-Res References:

26860D41-DE94-4F22-A0C0-A732BECB913E.jpeg
F1047AE2-7639-4C87-A506-34F5C5AB8ADA.jpeg

I just have to run a couple more color tests and double check my scaling, but otherwise this thing is ready to go!

I'll be ordering the fabric in 50 yard bolts, so that's how much I'm going to commit to in this first run. That will likely put the price at

Hollywood: $40/yd (Incl. Shipping in the US)
Paisley: $30/yd (Incl. Shipping in the US)

If I can't fill a 50 yard order the prices will go up, but I will try to keep them as close to this as possible

So let me know which fabric and how many yards so I can start putting together this order:

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 11.03.58 PM.png

INTEREST LIST:

1) L.M. (Hollywood x6 / Paisley x0)
2) Bertrand (Hollywood x2 / Paisley x2)
3) MitasTouch (Hollywood x2 / Paisley x2)
4) Loremachete (IG) (Hollywood x0 / Paisley x1)
5)
6)
7)

Last edited:
Put me down for however much you believe would be enough fabric for a size small jacket for both the paisley and Hollywood. Such a great find.

Put me down for however much you believe would be enough fabric for a size small jacket for both the paisley and Hollywood. Such a great find.
Because the Fabric width is 42", I recommend 2 yards of each for that. So I'll put you down for that.

I'll also note that I'm doing some final testing around the contrast in the Hollywood print, since I feel the test is a little dark. I've also rotated the orientation of the pattern 90 degrees to make it line up better with the orientation of Marty's lining. I want this thing PERFECT.

Due to the limited interest I’ll be switching to sell this on Spoonflower or a similar site rather than buying a whole bolt through a non Print On Demand provider.

This means that the price will likely come down, but so will the overall print quality.

I’m working now to minimize the impact to quality but overall it should be a win-win for everyone since you’ll be able to buy the fabric whenever you want and I don’t need to figure out how to store a bolt of fabric while waiting for it to sell.

TheNickFox, do you have a recommendation of what type of fabric one should use when purchasing from your spoonflower store? Is the default fabric ok, or is there a better option from the list that would be more suited for a jacket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back