Absolutely BRILLIANT teaser trailer for (of all things) the new Barbie movie!

Loved it to bits:love:(y)(y) Showed the wife and she got it also immediately! Good thing Stanley is not around to see it; he would've, probably, call the lawyers already;)

Last edited:
I still don't know what to make of this if it's a farce or what. The fact that it's co-written by Noah Baumbach of all people, a man known for his very natural and realistic dialogue within these small, character-dramas...I honestly don't know what to expect.

Yup. I saw it, and I really enjoyed it. All top notch acting. Great, characterful, special effects. And the writers knew exactly when to hand wave details about the mechanics of how everything worked, to keep the story moving, without leaving the viewers hanging.

It was essentially a dark comedy about how it is complicated, confusing, and uncomfortable to be a human being. It's told through the lens of this intertwined Barbie-land set up, so the majority of it focuses on how it's complicated, confusing, and uncomfortable to be a woman; and part of the wrap up/solution at the end pulls in that it's just as complicated, confusing, and uncomfortable to be a guy.

It definitely earns its PG-13. While some kids movies have extra jokes that parents will get, but the kids wont; this movie is more like an adult movie filled with only jokes that kids won't get. There's nothing really there for anyone not at least in their teens.

Definitely a big surprise, and already one of my top movies this year (not yet seen Oppenheimer), at least until (or if?) Dune arrives. I hope it will get nominated in a few of the small academy award categories, like Best Design or something.

And now I really want a movie with Gosling as a pure evil antagonist...

All I'll say is I saw both Barbie and Oppenheimer and we weren't discussing the latter for days on end afterwards. Barbie has a lot to say and leaves a lot open to interpretation.

I didn’t see em back to back… which is good cuz Barbenheimer woulda been too big a head mess after.

I liked it! But my gf looooved it. And we certainly have been discussing a lot since

Mainly because while I don’t see the anti-ANYTHING sentiments I hear online, I don’t feel like they had EXACTLY nailed their messaging. Been tearing it apart (in a good way) since. They had so many themes going on… and pov’s… but in the end it was just funny.

Like I loved that Ken just assumed he could be a doctor cuz

-he’s a man and this real world men are the “Barbie’s”

-in Barbie land no Barbie doctor ever went to med school or does surgery… she just has a white jacket and a sharp thing.

And where is all that Shang Chi charm in the movie SHANG CHI. That guy is funny and cool in everything I see but the first big movie he headlined.

Allan was great.

Margot Robbie was great. Her scene with the old woman… sweet

But Gosling steals it. He’s getting be up there with my fave actors

I suppose I’m the odd man out. Just got home from seeing it. Worst movie I’ve seen this year. Dull, long and full of political agenda.I left before the last 30 minutes.

...I left before the last 30 minutes.

so, before they wrap up things up and the barbies come to the realization that they shouldn't keep being tyrannical indifferent ass holes and that everyone needs to grow and learn to be themselves because being human is complicated and weird, and the whole movie was a maddening ride of frustration for the characters building to the ending where they learn from their struggles and tribulations?

I feel like the dislike from this movie comes from people that left the movie.

May 1977 Headline Reads: "New glitzy fantasy movie builds towards epic climax of space ship battle, yet strangely never delivers on the long awaited ending", reports film correspondent, Bob Bobbertson, who always leaves movies 30 minutes before they end. :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back