A Vintage Graflex comes back home to Rochester, NY!

BudaFett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
While my 1:1 Boba Fett build is in process I've caught the Force Awakens bug! I only have some FX Lightsabers in my collection but when I saw Luke's lightsaber in the new trailer I knew I needed a Graflex 3 Cell!

While searching for a vintage piece I've found out that they were in fact made in Rochester, NY which is my home town! That little fact made me want one even more! I plan on heading down to Clarrisa Street to bring my Graflex "back home"! It's pretty cool knowing a piece of Rochester, NY will always be part of the physical Star Wars Universe!

Here's my flash tube after a nice cleaning! I'll keep updating this thread as I convert it into an ESB/TFA Lightsaber!

You lucky SOB! That's a keeper right there! Folmer New York...that sure is purty!

Last edited:
Agreed with all previous posts. Nice specimen, glad a member got it, perfect esb candidate. Good luck with your build, and keep us posted!

Indeed ... very nice score ... it's also good for TFA ... which will save you the costs for an extra vintage red button, though for screen accuracy sake you may need to track down just one vintage red button to replace the current short knurled version ... if you like :)

Chaim

Indeed ... very nice score ... it's also good for TFA ... which will save you the costs for an extra vintage red button, though for screen accuracy sake you may need to track down just one vintage red button to replace the current short knurled version ... if you like :)

Chaim

I'm not super knowledgable when it comes to the Gradlex variations what kind of red button and the difference?

Yours has the thin knurled area on its side, that is only used on Lukes ANH stunt.
You need one with complete knurled sides.

Unfortunately thats the one everyone wants and seeks . so it is not cheap.

I'm not super knowledgable when it comes to the Gradlex variations what kind of red button and the difference?

button.jpg

Yours has the thin knurled area on its side, that is only used on Lukes ANH stunt.
You need one with complete knurled sides.

Unfortunately thats the one everyone wants and seeks . so it is not cheap.

Ah gothca. Yeah I won't be sweating that detail.

Small Update:

Got the correct long knurled button in the mail today, thanks to some help and guidance of mugatu and eBay. I sold my short knurled button to help off set the costs. Now I'm just waiting on my conversion kit to get here and we can get moving!

Looking good! Make sure to try and get the kobold as close to the right orientation like in the wampa cave scenes!

That all depends on how close the text on the bottom resembles the same orientation as in the Wampa scene when the Kobold clip is in line with the clamp ... since every G R A F L E X is unique in that regard ... and you have 2 options in how to attach the bottom 3 cell to the clamp so do a test-fitting before drilling any holes whilest looking at these pictures :

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back