A Tale of Nine Balance Pipes - Journey COMPLETE!!

Which is crazy considering that it amounted to a dude rooting through a scrap pile and looking for things with a similar diameter to stick together![/QUOTE

I would love to know which piece came first. I would imagine either the grenade or the emitter.

Edit: realistically I guess the clamp would have come first...

Last edited:
The thing I want to know is what was inside the clamp to hold it all together. But yeah-- for some continuity to the other two sabers, starting with the clamp makes the most sense.

Which is crazy considering that it amounted to a dude rooting through a scrap pile and looking for things with a similar diameter to stick together![/QUOTE

I would love to know which piece came first. I would imagine either the grenade or the emitter.

Edit: realistically I guess the clamp would have come first...

The thing I want to know is what was inside the clamp to hold it all together. But yeah-- for some continuity to the other two sabers, starting with the clamp makes the most sense.

Yup... it always amazes me that someone saw all of these parts from wildly different places, and somehow assembled them all together to make the Obi...

IMG_3301_zpsf8wgo5nr.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I found these markings on the outer collar of the BP using a magnifying app. I heard there were part numbers on all the previous ones found.
I guess that's what these are. I'd be curious to hear from others if they have the same numbers on the 1st engine's BP's and all the new 9.

In any event, I hope this adds to the knowledge base of the BP.

IMG_9665.JPG
IMG_9664.JPG

Well, some folks actually believe there wasn't anything inside the clamp area, that it was simply hollow. It can be constructed with nothing in there, which would account for the thick wires protruding from the clamp and attaching to the booster and grenade.

As a community, we've always put a spacer of some sort in there, to increase rigidity and make the whole thing more solid, but, there's a chance the real prop had nothing inside the Graflex clamp at all!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back