A short 3d Film I made

thank you for your kind words, i slapped that together last year, took me about 2 weeks. I am now planning on doing a much longer animation called "the path of the hunter" completely devoid of humans, we follow the story of a youngling competing against 2 others in gaining the honor in passing the 3 trials. Not sure if i plan on using xenomorphs or just natural alien creatures found on the planet they are assigned to hunt on. I will be putting much more effort and much more time into the quality and animation of the film. The ONLY thing holding me back is i do not have a predator mothership 3d model and i cannot find anything online that comes even close. It doesn't help that the odd few refrence images (clips from the AVP films and AVP game) are limited. I desperatly need a model of the mothership

Dave Jones... bro that was bad ass! Especially for a solo artist and just a couple weeks!? Great work man! You are great at texturing and weight painting. Was it hard rigging up the characters? I bet it took forEVER to render that out and compile it in after effects. Great work man!

Dave Jones... bro that was bad ass! Especially for a solo artist and just a couple weeks!? Great work man! You are great at texturing and weight painting. Was it hard rigging up the characters? I bet it took forEVER to render that out and compile it in after effects. Great work man!

Lol i actually spend most of my life rigging characters, paid and for fun, so i know all the tricks and shorcuts (im about to make a 3d rigging dvd to sell) Ironically the predator charactor was probably the easiest to rig because the bare body was the only thing that needed to be rigged. All his armour, and extra items were linked to the bones

I bet the alien was the hardest. Humanoids are easy enough to rig and armor pieces like you said get parents to the bones. I did a 3d model of myself in goalie equipment and thats how I did the pads. I will say... my least favorite thing on the face of this planet is weight painting.... ahhhhhhhhhh >_

The only thing i'm having problems with is getting the hair to animate and move naturally. I have tried to use reactor, rope and cloth simulator. I may just resort to adding a bone chain onto each lock and animating them induvidually. May be more work, but at least they won't look so rigid

Thank you all for your nice comments. My next film will definatly have more attention to detail, be much longer, more story driven, and as i stated earlier, will follow the path of the predator with little or no human interaction what so ever

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back